Blzbntbna00000005 error

Opening the battle.net app just gives me this loading screen, with an error code [ BLZBNTBNA00000005] and nothing else. Restarting the app and my computer didn’t work. What do I do?
I have followed forum discussion fixes. Nothing is working. My internet works perfectly.

1 Like

happens same to me…
i reinstalled bnet and all the things they put on instructions but nothing happens

seems this problem started after 28/07 they updated something on bnet

Yeah I’m having a similar issue starting actually a few days prior to then. I’ve followed everything I’ve found on here and not a thing fixes it, but none of my friends are affected by it

same thing is happening to me and im getting tired

I have been dealing with the same issue, strangely enough I have no issue on my desktop computer, just on my laptop. I first noticed on 29/07. I also have followed all the steps from blizzard instructions to no avail.

Hey all,

The BLZBNTBNA00000005 error means something is interfering between the Blizzard Desktop Application and the Update agent program that is used to get all updates for the app or game client.

Typically this comes down to permissions, security restrictions, network issues, software conflicts or corrupt data within the agent program or the Blizzard Desktop Application itself.

So the first step would be to first temporarily disable AV software. If no change. Temporarily uninstall the software and restart the system. (Some AV programs like mcafee may need a special uninstall tool you can get from the maker’s site)

Re-test. If the issue persists, reinstall your security software and continue on.

The next step would be to temporarily disable any running software not needed for Windows or the internet to function then retry to see if you get past the error.

This includes any supplement programs for peripherals like Razer, Corsair, Logitech, ASUS, Omen Command center, etc…

From there the remaining steps would be to wipe the app and agent data from the system and reinstall as follows:

1. Open file explorer/file manager (Right Click Windows Start)
  2. Navigate to the folder where the desktop application would normally be installed. Delete that folder if it exists (usually program files x86)
  3. Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA% and press enter.
  4. Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
  5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with %PROGRAMDATA% %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
  6. Empty the recycle bin.
  7. Create a new administrator account: Creating a New Administrator Account - Blizzard Support
  8. Once the account is created, shut down the computer, wait 60 seconds, restart, log into the new profile.
  9. Now reinstall the app to the C: Drive.

That should solve the issue and you can switch back to your original admin account.

Hello,
Have already tried this, and still has not worked. Any other help would be appreciated

This same problem started this morning.

BLZBNTBNA00000005 “Battle.net Update Agent went to sleep. Attemping to wake it up…”

Things done so far:
-Restarted Battle.net
-Restarted PC
-Restarted router
-Re-install Battle.net (including deleting related folders from %APPDATA%,%PROGRAMDATA% %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%)
-Created new Administrator status account (This was needed to re-install Battle.net)
-No VPN in use
-Shut down all virus protection. No affect.

Notes:
-Whole “GAMES” section in Battle.net is empty. I see only error message.
-Battle.net “SHOP” is working because I can do pre-purchase for WoW Shadowlands.
-Laptop using same internet is working totally fine. So this is not internet related problem.

-Battle.net account linked in Youtube yesterday. Problem started ~12h after this.

I am totally stuck with this problem.

Since the issue is specifically that something is preventing the update agent from doing what it needs to do it will typically be what I mentioned earlier. The steps I mentioned previously will hit most of the more common potential causes but if they do not then the best next step would be to submit a ticket and include system reports (The form will have a link to instructions to gather that data) and that will allow the Technical Support Agents to dig deeper into the issue with you.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/1202/ticket

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.