BLZBNTBNA00000005 - Battle.net Update Agent went to sleep

Just got this issue and turning off Mbam fixed it.

I have also observed this behavior. I can see the Battle.Net Update Agent process hanging in real-time by toggling MBAM on or off.

yup that fixed it thanks

Hello:

The suggestion to turn off "Always register Malwarebytes in the Windows Security Center " is also made on the MalwareBytes forumsā€¦ here:

Also see:

2 Likes

For those that are concerned that this will lower their defenses, what this essentially means is that the built-in Windows Defender AV component will re-activate and run alongside of MBAM. Assuming you are using a paid version of MBAM, it will still operate as a web scanner and perform its scheduled scan operations.

If you are concerned, you can verify that MBAM is still working by using their test site. (Iā€™d link the site, but that is not allowed) just google ā€œVerify Malwarebytes for Windows v4 can block malicious websitesā€

2 Likes

@Coyote:

Hello:

If you convert your link to preformatted text, the forum software will allow it.

Do:

• put the link in your post as you would normally;
  • highlight the entire link; and
  • click on the </> button at the top of the composition window.

A link converted to preformatted text will appear white on a greyish background as in https://i.imgur.com/vbCO8PQ.png ; also, it cannot be clickedā€¦ but we can copy it and paste it in our browser.

Cheers !

Same for meā€¦ cant install /reinstall ANY blizzard gameā€¦ have done all the stuff tehyve sent from like 5 different Techsā€¦ stupid.

OK thank you for saying thisā€¦ my issue wasnt Malwarebytesā€¦ but it made me think ā€¦ (cause i have had it on the machine beforeā€¦) i Checked and found that I had AVG VPN and Tuneup (NEITHER WERE ā€œONā€ā€¦ please note<<<<) but i removed themā€¦ and POOFā€¦ the game installs and works againā€¦ dumb.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.