BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 error

trying to scan / repair always fails everytime saying give us another shot, that wwhole thing is pointless it never works, fix this bs will you thats warzone and cold war both crashes minutes after loading a game!
Im on windows 10 fully updated drivers for graphics cold war and warzone both crash and both fail to scan / repair!

17 Likes

I’m having the same issue. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Tengo el mismo problema,ya intente todos los pasos que sugieren,espero que lo puedan arreglar pronto,por favor!

how do you fix it anyone know how

The BB8 error is a generic error from the Blizzard app. It simply means the app is unable to complete a task it is trying to perform and it is not sure why. (when it knows a more specific cause, it will give a different error instead of BB8)

When it comes down to it, most causes for this particular error stem from outdated OS/drivers, network issues, corrupt app or client data, software conflicts with programs on the system or permission issues.

Now the steps I am mentioning are only meant to clear up issues with the Blizzard app itself not a specific game client issue. So if there was a previous issue and your troubleshooting attempts led you to the BB8 error, these may not solve the issue.

For Activision games, we only distribute the client for the relevant studio. If these steps do not solve the core issue, you will need to reach out to them through their support portal: Support Options | Activision Support

As for the BB8 and app itself:

Try doing an extended power cycle on your system. Turn off all devices including the modem. Wait 30 minutes, turn on the modem, wait 5 minutes, turn on any network devices, wait 2 minutes, turn on your computer and try the game.

Sometimes firewall or routing software/hardware will have some advanced settings to prioritize and manage types of network traffic. Normally that is not an issue but we have seen situations where it can intefere with the delivery of the data for our games/voice chat.

Let’s try turning off these features:

QoS
SIP ALG
RoG (ASUS Routers Only)
Security firewalls (Some ISP provided modems)

Not all devices will have these options and the steps for turning these functions off will be different depending on the make/model/software version of the devices and programs involved. If necessary look at the documentation for your security and routing products to find out how to turn these options off.

In some cases there is a corrupt or misconfigured setting within the router or modem. We cannot say what that might be offhand but the easiest way to resolve these conflicts would be to factory reset the router and/or modem.

You may need to look up your specific model for the steps on how to do this and in some rare cases you may need to have this done by the ISP. Feel free to reach out to them for assistance if necessary.

From here we need to manually clear the Battlenet Desktop Application and all supporting data from the system. This will not remove existing game clients.

1. Open file explorer/file manager (Right Click Windows Start)
  2. Navigate to the folder where the desktop application would normally be installed. Delete that folder if it exists (usually program files x86)
  3. Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA% and press enter.
  4. Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
  5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with %PROGRAMDATA% %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
  6. Empty the recycle bin.
  7. Now reinstall the app to the C: Drive.

While I typically save this step as a sort of last resort due to the size of the game client, it does often solve issues like this where other steps sometimes fail.

1. Click Options (located above the news window for the game in question)
  2. Click Show in Explorer. (leave this window open while you perform step three.)
  3. Go back to Options and select Uninstall and go through the process to remove the core files and association to the desktop application.
  4. Check the opened file explorer window to see if the game folder was deleted when the game was uninstalled. If it was not, delete the folder manually.
  5. Go back to the Blizzard App and reinstall the game client through the Blizzard App.

That should solve any issues with the Blizzard app. For anything beyond that. reach out to Activision for those games or if it is a Blizzard game you are experiencing issues with, I recommend submitting a direct ticket with system files so our techs can dig into this for your further:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: DopeyFoolSnr unable to connect

have same problem error code BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 :frowning:

could try this solution found it in another post here on the forums.

Please Follow These steps ;
1/ Exit the Blizzard app
2/ GO to the installation folder(of cod) and delete all files and folders AND keep only the “Data” folder.
2/ Open the “Data” folder you will find another folder calls “data” open it.
3/ Arrange the files by size and delete any file smaller than 600 KB by pressing SHIFT+DELETE.
4/ Open the blizzard app again and let it scan again.
5/ After complete the scanning it will start a small update
6/ Now your game is ready to launch.

This worked for me today 8/9/21

15 Likes

Facing the same problem atm for Overwatch

This worked for me (09/08/2021)! Thank you!

follow my instructions above your post , but use Overwatch\data\casc\data folder insted of cod/data :}

no problem had issues too so might post my solution :}

Huge thank you!!!
worked for me (9/13/2021)

Hello,

I have done the above “fix”. It did not work for me. Any other suggestions?

It worked!! Thank you SO MUCH! I thought I’d never be able to fix it.

no problem , happy to help :}

Worked! Tks <3 (16/09/2021)

perfect …thanks bro…

Worked for me 4/15/2022.

Same thing for WoW. Just make sure you get the Classic and Retail folders too.

Thank you!

Kershews fix works for me 4/16/21