BLZBNTAGT00000840 - Can't Log In / Update Battlement

An update is required with World of Warcraft and when I click update I get the following error message: BLZBNTAGT00000840

It won’t allow me to log into the game without doing this update.

So far I have restarted my computer and tried again.
Done a Scan and Repair on the Game
Restarted the computer again
Checked no security programs conflicting with the install and permissions

I’m on a 2020 iMAC 3.8 Ghz 8-Core Intel Core i7 with AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16GB and 72 GB Ram.

Same Issue. 2020 and 2017 iMac Restarted, Scan & Repair. Keep Getting Same Error Message

fix your stuff blizzzard i had the game working for months without problems. ive been trying to fix this by reinstalling WOW completely battlenet too, formatting windows…etc…it keeps me putting me on a loop update loop then errors then scan then update then scan holy …im annoyed

all my other games works overwatch…etc but not wow

1 Like

Temporary fix to get you in the game is to reinstall Battlenet itself. Just delete it from applications and download and reinstall. That fixed it temporarily but every time I turn my computer back on it’s broken again. Same error message.

Same here. Cant update the Game.

Seems to be a problem across the board. I have a similar problem with Diablo 3. Followed, in order, their instructions to no avail. Then I was asked to troubleshoot connections under Error No. BLZBNTAGT00000BB8.

I’ve been able to narrow the problem down, at least on my computer, to a Launcher issue for Diablo 3. Not sure about WOW. Haven’t tried to download that yet after a two-year hiatus. In creating a desktop shortcut icon for Diablo 3, I was told the Launcher Set Up in my file did not contain the appropriate info for creating the icon, and obviously for downloading the game.

Back to either creating a ticket or receiving other suggestions from Blizzard.

I tried that and now I can’t install it back XD It freezed in the middle

Same here, had the issue 2 months ago, the endless loop and oopses. Nothing worked. Only after i clean installed windows it worked. But i cant do that souly cause Blizzard delvers a bad programme. Now i have the repair loop agian. This is getting annoying. especcialy when the new expansion is running. In the old days you could bypass Battle net. But now when you start the laucher it inmidiatly run to Battlenet and the same message over and over again. Repair and scan ? So repiare it then ?? Does Blizard even read these Forums.

1 Like

i got : Whoops! Looks like something broke. Give it another shot.​Error Code: BLZBNTAGT00000BB8
Today

I got the same problem Error Code :BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 whole day i tried everything reinstal on battle.net app, restarting pc etc. and nothing

Had the same issue guys, someone in another post linked this video. The part that worked for me was where he deleted all the “data” files from within the games directory. Its for CoD but same thign works for WoW. GL guys.

did you ever fix it?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.