Blizzard steals from all

When you get a subscription for WoW, you pay in full, in advance, no refunds and you are FORCED to have automatic renewal. No warning that my subscription was coming to an end, no option to turn off automatic renewal, and no refunds. Basically you have to mark down your subscription end date on your calendar and make sure to cancel before they auto-renew. No other company in the world works like that. WHAT A SCAM. Why doesn’t Bliz delay taking our money like they delay every expansion?

2 Likes

Correct. WoW has several payment methods. All of them involve paying for your month of access at the start of the month.

You are not forced to use a subscription to access WoW. By definition a subscription is an auto renewing payment. It is convenient for some players. You can cancel any time you want (once the payment for the start of the month processes) though by going to account management. Here are the instructions Blizzard Support - Canceling Your World of Warcraft Subscription

There are also several ways to pay for the month that DON’T require a renewable subscription. They are outlined here Blizzard Support - Managing a World of Warcraft Subscription

You can buy game cards for specific time durations either as physical or digital purchases. You can also use gold to purchase tokens that you can turn into a monthly payment.

Why would they delay a payment that you set up and agreed to? That is illogical.

I am also curious what the last expansion was that they delayed. I can’t think of one off the top of my head but I could be misremembering.

In the future, if you want something to be paid month by month instead of auto payed, you need to be sure to set it up that way. That goes for gym memberships, bills, Netflix, music services, etc.

I 100% agree I just finished contacting Blizzard support and they are really stubborn, stating somewhere along the lines that they cannot refund me because “all those records for those months have been erased because they were a long time ago” something along those lines. Imagine, I have been paying for 2 years of WOW Classic and I haven’t even touched it once.

This is some of what I wrote to them:

“Why is your system not defaulted to non-auto renewal or why does it not ask for permission to charge first? […], there are no security measures, no barriers for payment. Subscription SHOULD NOT be defaulted to auto-renew and if it is then it should ask for permission to charge you every month before it actually charges you or at the least [it] should inform you that auto-renewal is on and it should show you how to turn off auto-renewal.”

Then they told me that the Developer’s team are responsible and that they cannot help. I don’t know what most other companies do , but I sure as hell know that many other companies have better, fairer, clearer, more active, more secure, more customer friendly, more logical, and less shady procedures and measures for these things than what Blizzard does. Would like to read some opinions on this.

A subscription is just that, an auto renewing payment and you give it permission when you set that up. They are very clear about that.

If you wanted game time cards you could have gotten blocks of game time instead.

Support article stating it in the very first lines. The articles on how to set up a sub or cancel a sub are on the right as well. It also tells you in that article how to get one time payment game time.

Shop page

Subscription renews automatically once your latest subscription billing cycle ends, or your current game time expires.

My AAA subscription auto renews each year too. It is set up that way and they are transparent about that.

This is just the same as your phone, internet, or cable TV that auto renews each month until you cancel. They don’t care if you use it or not, they don’t refund you for hours you don’t watch cable or use your internet.