Blizzard Launcher displaying double

After a fresh install of WoW and the launcher, everything was fine, then the launcher updated and now this happens. It flashes in and out and even displays over other windows that I open as well. It will not go away even after the launcher is closed until I drag select the entire desktop with my mouse to clear it. Link below is what it’s doing.

https://ibb.co/LRkS8T0

1 Like

Jelloshots,

I’ve actually heard exactly one other report of this. I wonder if you have anything in common with that player. If you’re still having trouble, please generate a text copy of your DxDiag using these instructions. Once you have that made, open the file. Copy the code below, then copy/paste everything from that DXDiag file between the rows of tilde (~) marks where it says “DXDiag goes here.”

~~~~
DXDiag goes here
~~~~

If the file’s too large to submit, you can upload it to a file hosting site like pastebin and post the link in the code above instead.

1 Like

Alright, here it is. I have also been having game crashes, tons of them, the Launcher issue happened after the update so I finally bit the bullet and did a fresh install. Still crashes and now has this Launcher issue on top of it. I have been launching Wow.exe from the retail folder directly to avoid the launcher all together.

Ok, it said there were words not allowed in it… so here’s a pastebin.
Hope I did this right

https://pastebin.com/sctrfzfC

hi there, any fixes with this problem?

In this case, I’d suggest updating the AMD and Intel driver.

You could also try disabling hardware acceleration in the Blizzard app:

1. Click on the Battle.net logo on the upper left corner of the Battle.net App
  2. Click on Settings and then General
  3. Scroll down to Advanced Settings
  4. Uncheck “Use browser hardware acceleration when available”
  5. Click Done and then restart the App.

If this isn’t possible, try editing the Blizzard shortcut by right clicking on the shortcut → Properties → Target: enter --disable-gpu at the end of the field. Make sure you put a space or it will come up with Incorrect Target Field when you press Enter.
Should look like this before you press enter:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Battle.net\Battle.net Launcher.exe" --disable-gpu

Ok, thanks so much, that fixed that issue, now if only we could stop my Wow 132 memory access violation errors. :sob:

Do you have any antivirus or security software? That’s a common cause for the 132 errors. You may need to add WoW as an exception or try disabling/uninstalling the security software temporarily. Resetting the UI could also help.

No, none of that, I don’t use my laptop for much web browsing or downloading but I do run CCleaner and Malwarebytes on occasion to make sure it stays clean. I did a fresh install of WoW without any addons after I started getting this display issue with the Blizzard app. I was already having issues with the game crashing randomly, it even crashes before getting to the login screen. This was all prior to the Blizzard app displaying double. I was hoping the fresh install would fix the issue, but alas, it has not.

Can you provide the WoW error logs?

Sure can! Here’s the latest one.

Had to do a pastebin…

https://pastebin.com/LHzT20bg

Looks like the AMD driver is still using the older version. Let’s try a clean driver reinstall. First, remove the current driver files by using the third party driver remover DDU. You can find a guide on using this program here.

After this, pick up the latest driver from here.

Then reset the game settings to set everything back to default.

Before I go ahead and uninstall my drivers, I noticed the link for the GPU driver you gave me is for a 6730M and not a 6750M, will that matter?

I went ahead and installed the Intel driver update and did a fresh DDU install of my graphics drivers, here’s to hoping it fixes it.

Jelloshots,

That driver works for your card as well. Did you happen to try it yet or were you waiting for our go ahead?

Sorry for the delay in replying, we went out of town for the holiday, I hope you both had a good holiday! I installed the 6750 version I found on the Samsung website but it didn’t specify M for mobile, if it still crashes I will go ahead and do another fresh install using the 6730M version that was linked. Due to it not letting me post more than one reply before “waiting” on someone else to respond, if it crashes before I get a reply, I will edit this comment to say so.

Ok, Update. It seems the game no longer crashes with the memory error but now it takes extremely long to load, it doesn’t matter where I launch it from, the launcher or the wow.exe from the retail folder. I click launch or double click the file in the folder, it shows up instantly in my task manager but takes roughly 5+/- minutes to display the game on my desktop. :tired_face: