Blizzard email said I would be unbanned today

Hello.

I got an email from Blizzard (Issue ID: #74306628) stating my IP would be unbanned today, on Classic Battle.net. I just tried and it still just hangs at checking versions. Just wanted to check on the validity of this email, as it was from Blizzard Europe. Although I’m attempting to get onto East.

Thank you.

aztek, it looks like after the ticket was submitted, a new restriction was applied on the 4th due to using a VPN. The restriction should be lifted in the afternoon of the 18th.

Are you kidding? I’m not using a VPN. I don’t even have one installed. That’s ridiculous. This is brand new internet that has never logged onto bnet other than the once- when I randomly got ipbanned for sitting in a channel ? I wasn’t even home on the 4th… It was the 4th. Are you sure your system is actually working correctly? This is next level not right.

Aztek,

It looks like you already put in a ticket on this and already received a reply. The technical support ticket system isn’t a vessel to appeal an account action - we just deal with tech support here, so I can’t provide anything further over the forums for privacy reasons. Please reopen your ticket if you’d like to appeal this further. I’ve noticed some extra information on your most recent contact that may help determine what to do about this situation, and left a note for support to discuss with you. You’ll want to refer to that ticket number.

1 Like

I’m not sure I even understand what that means. Nonetheless, I don’t give a hell anymore. I uninstalled all Blizzard products and I’m done giving my money to this dumpster. You guys don’t help with anything, and are useless.

Thank you for ruining the community and a good game though. Hope yall are happy.

Sorry if I wasn’t more clear. I mean I left a note on your recent ticket to Customer Support about the action. I can’t discuss it with you here, because it’s a public space and it’s private account information, nor can I fix it here because it’s account related. If you don’t want to discuss the suspension with Support again, that’s fine, but if you change your mind at some point you can just refer back to your ticket on the website.

Whatever you choose to do from here, best of luck.

Wouldn’t it just not matter on the 18th anyway? Even if I did reinstall anything. But honestly the headache you guys have inflicted upon Battle.net and how it operates is not even worth it anymore.

It’s a bit more complicated than that which is why I was advising you to put in a ticket. Again, I wish I could discuss more here but it’s private account information and you’ll need to make a decision about things. Sorry to be so vague, but support will discuss my note if you put in a ticket and refer to your last one. Tell them to look for my note and it should be pretty clear. This isn’t how we usually do things like this, but you have an uncommon issue and I don’t think it’s one that’ll automatically resolve with the suspension falling off, which is probably why you’ve had such trouble so far.

Again, best of luck either way. If anything else comes up, feel free to let us know.

1 Like

Can you PM to me, an idea of what its related to? Nonetheless, I took your advice and resubmitted the ticket. But however long that takes, idk - and if you could PM me the details of this mystery and what you’re referring to, that would be greatly appreciated.

Aztek,

Looks like we got back to you on it. Hope the extra insight has been useful for you, and sorry there wasn’t anything else we could do over the forums. There’s no way for me to DM you directly via forums which is why we took this route for getting the information to you, roundabout though it was.

1 Like

Thank you, and sorry I was such a dick before, this is just quite frustrating. I’ve been on Battle.net since 1997, and have never had such issues.

Anyway, today is the 18th. I have new CDkeys installed (ones not attached to my current Battle.net account). I replied back to the ticket, but never got a response - so I went ahead and purchased new CDkeys anyway. They have been working fine on my friends wi-fi.

I’m supposed to be unbanned today, and have not tried yet. Is there a certain EST time that I should be trying, or am I good to go?

Looks like it’s already removed as of this writing and you’re back in game. Let us know if anything else weird comes up, Aztek. Oddly enough I don’t see the reply to your ticket - if your reply was via email, that goes to a do not reply address.

lol oh, well that would be why I didn’t hear back. I replied via email.

Thanks again.

One last question. The rename character feature. What if you have the character name on your profile already, delete it, and then use rename character (on an existing char) and try to make it the character name you just deleted? When I try this, it says the name exists, even though I just deleted it and it does not exist.

Example
Lvl 80 druid char named abcdef
Lvl 1 char named DruidABC
Delete DruidABC
rename-character on abcdef to DruidABC
Error that DruidABC exists

Does can I fix this?

Aztek,

I think that’s usually going to be a problem with the name not freeing up in the system just yet. Frankly, I’m not sure exactly how long the name will stay reserved. I’d just try back every few days to see if you can snag it again with the rename, or pick a different name for now.