Blizzard App stuck on updating in 2021!

This problem has been around for years now and still it is not been fixed by blizzard! I have done everything possible, restarted my computer for 5 hours straight trying to fix it, removed every single folder i can find, deleted every single thing in my computer that is named blizzard or battle.net, i cannot uninstall the program from the normal uninstall program i need a cmdr command to do so. After every single time the app gets stuck on updating half way through.
I cannot believe that it is still a problem in 2021!!! FIX YOUR APP

1 Like

Howdy Sauliuc,

The reason why this has been reported so often over the years is because many different problems can cause this to happen. The most common cause is security software blocking the update.

2 Likes

I have allowed blizzard app through every single thing i could find on my PC and still stuck

You could try testing another network like a mobile hotspot or a free VPN. If that works, then it’s likely being blocked in the modem or the ISP is having problems on the route. If the problems persists with another network or VPN, then the problem is likely due to something on the computer, so uninstalling security software temporarily may be a good step.

1 Like

I have done all of that, these are the solutions provided on every single post like this and sadly nothing worked. Got a VPN and everything and that didn’t work, i have stopped my firewall, and that didn’t work, i do not know what else to do

We have no way of knowing what steps you have already taken, so it’s best to provide a full list of steps. Based on what you described, you may want to try installing the Blizzard app to another folder or harddrive to see if there’s any change.

1 Like

So what i have tried is:

1. solution for Getting the BLZBNTBTS0000005C error
  2. IP Release, Renew, and Flush DNS
  3. The Blizzard Battle.net Desktop Application gets stuck on Downloading New Files
  4. Delete all folders from %LOCALAPPDATA%
    • %APPDATA%
    • %TEMP%
    • %PROGRAMDATA%
  5. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app in different locations and harddrives
    None of the provided solutions have worked
    And now on top of everything every single time i try to launch the blizzard app, install it or uninstall it my entire windows freezes and i need to restart the windows from task manager

If Windows is freezing, it sounds like there may be a deeper problem. If you provide your MSinfo, we can take a look to see if we can provide any other suggestions, although you may want to try a System File Checker or Windows reset.

You can upload the MSinfo through Pastebin and then paste the link here.

If you have issues pasting here, post the link with a space (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

1 Like