Beta App Crashing Then Re-Starting After Closing Games

Every time I leave the Battle.net Beta app open while playing a game, then exit the game after a while, the program hangs and then re-starts itself which takes a few seconds. There isn’t an error message from the app itself, but my Windows 10 reliability report shows it as an APPCRASH from Battle.net.exe. I thought the latest Beta update fixed this (called the “grey box” issue), but it is still happening. The first instance this began happening for me was on 10/15/2020, I’m not sure if there was an update around then or not. It has been happening every time I close a game daily for the last month, but only if Battle.net is left open for a long time. If I only play for 30 or 45 minutes, the crash doesn’t happen.

This issue probably isn’t well known because everything seems normal except for the App hanging for a few seconds and then re-starting itself. Is this a known issue and is it being worked on? Thanks for any information and help. If I can provide anything else like some sort of error code please let me know.

3 Likes

This is still a problem happening. Eventually the app just crashes and locks up entirely. At that point you’ve got to close it through the taskbar.

Have you ever been so far as to even be more like?

I have the same problem with the launcher. I have no clue why it always goes down and wont stay online for much after i log in either . PLEASE, FIX IT.