Beta App Crashing Then Re-Starting After Closing Games

Every time I leave the Battle.net Beta app open while playing a game, then exit the game after a while, the program hangs and then re-starts itself which takes a few seconds. There isn’t an error message from the app itself, but my Windows 10 reliability report shows it as an APPCRASH from Battle.net.exe. I thought the latest Beta update fixed this (called the “grey box” issue), but it is still happening. The first instance this began happening for me was on 10/15/2020, I’m not sure if there was an update around then or not. It has been happening every time I close a game daily for the last month, but only if Battle.net is left open for a long time. If I only play for 30 or 45 minutes, the crash doesn’t happen.

This issue probably isn’t well known because everything seems normal except for the App hanging for a few seconds and then re-starting itself. Is this a known issue and is it being worked on? Thanks for any information and help. If I can provide anything else like some sort of error code please let me know.

4 Likes

This is still a problem happening. Eventually the app just crashes and locks up entirely. At that point you’ve got to close it through the taskbar.

1 Like

Have you ever been so far as to even be more like?

I have the same problem with the launcher. I have no clue why it always goes down and wont stay online for much after i log in either . PLEASE, FIX IT.

Almost 2 years later and I STILL have this issue… :man_facepalming: