Battletag character limits

Hello there dev’s/forum,

I got a sugguestion or a wish that the battletag was more flexible & more than 12 letters,

I’m missing one letter in my battletag to have my ign (gamertag) correctly, sadly i have not face this problem elsewhere but only on the battlenet app/battletag i faced this problem that the limit is only 3-12 letters… i found that the creative mind could come letters too short for their creativity minds or long gamertags.

People like me with a longer gamertag do need actually more letters than given, in my case i need one more letter so with 13 or more letters it would’ve been sufficient for me but i believe more people would face this problem.

Is there an possibility that you guys can help me to get my battlenet right?

Friendly Regards,

Ariesficially.

1 Like

I am in the same exact situation. Blizzard made overwatch cross play and basically hijacked my gamertag and now we are FORCED to use the crappy battle.net username as the name everyone sees. My gamertag is 14 characters long so I can’t use the gamertag I want. I reached out to Blizzard support and they dumped me here. I won’t be playing Overwatch until the character limit is increased. It’s crazy they push a forced change, and we can’t even choose which name displays, Xbox gamertag or battle.net name.