Battlenet Region Change Restrictions in COVID Times

I used to have an EU battlenet account. I moved to US for educational purposes and asked a GM back in January if there were any ways to avoid currency conversion fees by US banks. He said if I change my account to US Battlenet, I can avoid those fees. I changed my battlenet region with that advice. Flashforward to August, now I’ve grinded enough tokens to purchase Shadowlands Expansion. But now I can’t convert my WoW Tokens to battlenet balance due to region differences. I contacted customer support about this, but they ask me to go back to my home country (in COVID times) for a very simple battlenet region change request. I can’t convert the WoW Tokens to US Battlenet balance as well, they’re only good for gametime at the moment. If I knew about this situation from the beginning, I would have never asked for a battlenet region change. I ask the company policies to be softened about this especially in COVID times. No EU countries accept passengers from US under these circumstances. Should I swim across the ocean or risk getting COVID under any sort of travel conditions? Help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.