Battle.net not connecting

I’m on AT&T Fiber and found a temporary fix. Battle.net will not connect normally, but as soon as I turn on Proton VPN, I’m able to log in without any issue.

IPv6 is enabled and working, and my internet connection is otherwise completely normal. This strongly looks like a routing/peering issue affecting the normal path to Blizzard rather than an issue with the Battle.net client itself.

Proton VPN is the current workaround for me.

my game client will not connect to battle.net. it just spins and spins i have done all the online suggestions delete battle.net folders delete and install client . update all my drivers check firewall with zero sucess…. can anyone help me please ?
after a fresh client install the first time i try to load it it a approval request from my authenticator so know its doing something but that is as far as it ever gets if i load it without logging into my battle .net account it will try to load game but it will just sit on the connecting screen …. very frustrated

Correct. You’ll want to alert your ISP about the routing issue.

Do you think the issue is with all the ISPs having issues at the same time or Blizzard? Doesn’t seem like a coincidence

ISPs rely on routing peer services. There are only a handful of routing peers (sometimes less) on each continent. When one routing peer has maintenance, damage, etc., hundreds of ISPs may experience issues at the same time.

@nicole-1893 could you give us some thorough and “foolproof” tips for discussing this with AT&T? You should know how difficult it is to talk our ISP into assisting with an issue like this because they just want pass the buck and restart our network over and over. Simply stating “it’s a routing issue” is just not enough info for those of us who aren’t versed in this stuff.

The issue seems to be resolved now. In the future, you would tell them you can cannot reach the Bnet servers, or whatever game, yet you know those servers are online for everyone else. Just keep pressing the issue until they escalate the call. It once took me over three months to resolve an issue with Spectrum connecting to WoW. :expressionless:

Issue is back and has started again

Issue was not affecting me over the past few days like others some how, but did affect me beginning just a moment ago. Appreciate the comment about the VPN thing, as that seems to be getting me by in the mean time.

I believe my issue was tied to this. AT&T just left my house after replacing the router and cleaning all fiber ends. They said it was my Ethernet card… Using their website for speed tests, I was failing or getting very minimal download/upload speeds. And of course Blizzard, instead of assisting me, sent me here. Here is what I did last weekend because I did not have access to Battle.net using AT&T… For the last three days, I could not log on. And of course Blizzard sends me here…

Good evening, Game Master Tyastynu,

Yes, I was having an issue logging into Battle.net.

  1. On a PC NOT LAPTOP. (that NASA would drool over), I was not getting the handshake from my Blizzard account/authenticator. Something wasn’t speaking.

  2. I flushed my DNS (ipconfig /flushdns. Still no.

  3. Deleted my game files: .battle.net, _classic_, Data. Then had to “scan and repair” using the Battle.net application… Still no.

  4. Started searching online. Found a Reddit article that said if you have AT&T Fiber and you walk away from your keyboard and your game logs out, Battle.net will freak out. ???
    a. Turn off computer.
    b. Then unplug AT&T router.
    c. Plug in the router and turn on the computer once the router gives a white light. Still NO.

  5. What about my Blizzard Application on my phone? I had to download it because my authenticator from the 2010 Blizzcon finally died. IT would not log on either? Wait. The Reddit article said it was the crappy AT&T Fiber Internet. So on my Verizon Samsung S22 Ultra, turn off the WiFi connection to the AT&T crap… I was able to log into Battle.net using the application on my phone. Sadly, using my phone as a 5G “Mobile Hotspot” cannot run my PC.

Whatever the issue was. It was between AT&T and Battle.net. Do not walk away from your computer for an extended time without logging out of Battle.net first, or for the next five hours you will be playing a different game. And the “Troubleshooting Game” sucks when you’re not getting paid to do it. I do not know what happened to resolve the issue.

Battle.net doesn’t connect or stay connected with degree of regularity. Sometimes I can login and play with absolutely no problems, sometimes it will boot me out in the middle of a game session. Other times it will boot me repeatedly. Every time it “fixes” itself and I’m able to play again. The issue is limited to just Battle.net. I can play other games, surf the internet, check e-mail, etc. with no interruptions. What is the problem, Blizzard???