Battle.net launcher - News not loading

Hello my battle.net launcher shows me for weeks no news. it always comes only “ups something went wrong” and the start page of the launcher remains empty. I use windows defender and malwarebytes antimalware. but there the applications are already added as exceptions. i thought this is just something short term. but in the meantime it is unchanged for a good month. please help.

1 Like

Hey there Illuminos,

Thank you for taking the time to report this! I’ve checked but we aren’t aware of any problems affecting the News page of the Battle.net Desktop App. This sort of behavior with the App is usually caused by a conflicting program such as an antivirus that’s blocked the link between the Battle.net App and your Internet browser (since the App pulls the data directly from a website). If you have an antivirus installed, try creating exceptions/exclusions for the Battle.net Desktop App, and if that doesn’t work, try temporarily removing the antivirus program.

If you have no antivirus software installed, try reinstalling the Battle.net App.

• uninstalled antivir.
  • reinstalled battle.net app after uninstalling it
  • added battle.net in router exceptions.

–>problem still the same :confused:

Hey Illuminos,

Thanks for giving those steps a try, though I’m sorry to hear the problem hasn’t been fixed. If the News section is the only portion of the App affected, then there could be a Windows-level problem that’s blocking that feature. Many potential problems related to your installation of Windows can be resolved by creating a new administrator account, logging into it, and testing there.

Let me know how it goes!

Hello,

I am facing the same issue lately, like Illuminos the issue appeared few weeks ago. I dug up a bit and found out it was related to the libcef.dll (chromium) module.

Here’s some logs :

Windows Application Error Events in XML
- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name="Application Error" /> 
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> 
  <Version>0</Version> 
  <Level>2</Level> 
  <Task>100</Task> 
  <Opcode>0</Opcode> 
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> 
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2023-07-02T21:04:53.7424523Z" /> 
  <EventRecordID>9913</EventRecordID> 
  <Correlation /> 
  <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" /> 
  <Channel>Application</Channel> 
  <Computer>desktop</Computer> 
  <Security /> 
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>Battle.net.exe</Data> 
  <Data>2.22.0.14235</Data> 
  <Data>6488eeaf</Data> 
  <Data>libcef.dll</Data> 
  <Data>83.0.0.0</Data> 
  <Data>5ee3e671</Data> 
  <Data>c0000005</Data> 
  <Data>00337803</Data> 
  <Data>398c</Data> 
  <Data>01d9ad28d0b35ff0</Data> 
  <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Battle.net\Battle.net.exe</Data> 
  <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Battle.net\Battle.net.14235\libcef.dll</Data> 
  <Data>ab34df5c-497b-4123-b96e-a9ce647429c4</Data> 
  <Data /> 
  <Data /> 
  </EventData>
  </Event>
Battle.net logs - libcef-20230702T212336.840889.log
> [0702/232359.602:ERROR:ssl_client_socket_impl.cc(959)] handshake failed; returned -1, SSL error code 1, net_error -101
> [0702/232419.832:ERROR:ssl_client_socket_impl.cc(959)] handshake failed; returned -1, SSL error code 1, net_error -101
> [0702/232421.397:ERROR:ssl_client_socket_impl.cc(959)] handshake failed; returned -1, SSL error code 1, net_error -101
> [0702/232913.869:ERROR:ssl_client_socket_impl.cc(959)] handshake failed; returned -1, SSL error code 1, net_error -101
> [0702/232924.545:INFO:cef_logging.h(628)] BNET, sending query, open client settings dialog

Let’s hope this issue can be resolved soon. Thank you in advance.

Same Problem - Mac OS
But I de-install Battle.net and reinstalled it. Then it worked fine for two days.
Today same problem again Battle.net launcher can’t start.
And it’s not a admin problem. The Launcher can’t connect to my account it says.
Sure I could reinstall it but don’t think thats helpful if I have to do this even second day.

1 Like

Having the same issue as the others. Everything else works but the news feed. No additions to my software or apps (including firewalls and antivirus) since installing Battlenet over a year ago. Update to Battlenet was after the update to my antivirus, and I had no issue until this last update to Battlenet.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.