Battlenet Launcher in constant UPDATE/SCANNING Mode

I’ve experienced this issue twice now. Sometime around 26 DEC 2020. Again today when I tried to run the Scan and Repair function for WoW Classic. Likewise, I had to delete the game off the Hard Drive and download it from scratch back in DEC 2020. Looks like I have to perform the same work around this time too as neither Retail or Class will escape the Scan and Repair loop or launch at this point. Not happy at all.

Magusminor,
This exact same thing happened to me today. I fell through the world, would not stop d/c-ing and decided to follow the guidelines to fix it. Repair turned into “Whoops” and then update and then Classic update and repair. Classic?? Which I have not touched in 8 months!!! Everything I have read in fixes tells me it’s my problem when I know it is not. I was just standing there on solid WoW ground and fell through the world which was the catalyst for this ensuing chaos and regret. If I ever get stuck again I will use the unstuck tool first!! I Just wanted you to know that our experience is exactly the same and that I empathize with you absolutely. I have a support ticket in but from what I have read on forums I have a bad feeling the fix is going to entail a hard drive wipe and complete reinstall. If that is the case it’s absolutely preposterous that there is not an easier work around. There is no way in the World of Warcraft that they don’t know there is an issue with this. Literally, tons of posts regarding this or similar issues. If I find out anything different I will let you know. Hopefully we will be back on and playing soon. Good luck my friend.

1 Like

i have the same problem from yesterday night when i run scan and repear,from that moment is endless update and scanning.i cant play and i know they are not going to fix this for us,simply because they are incompetent,they dont know to fix this issue

1 Like

addons ha nothing to do with that problem endless scaning and update.i dont use any addons,i never have and i have the same problem from yesterday night.MVP and blizard suport have no clue what are they talking about,they dont have this specific issue.WTF cache and interface change all to old,hahaha.these people are selling us fairytales,but i have tray anyway and no ofc this didnt fix anything.at least they tray,so thanks for nothing i guess.this is mega huge problem with this launcher for at least 8 month.hundreds of people, in fact thousands of people, already had this problem and almost all had to reinstal the entire game.blizzard dont give a damn to hire best engeneers to fix this once and for all times

Same problem, just started maybe 30 mins ago. It says i have an update for the launcher, but it always ends with an error message. Yesterday everything was fine.

1 Like

Was logged into the game this morning, but now after attempting a scan and repair of retail wow, I am also stuck in an endless loop of BB8 errors. This happens @ 98% installation.

This is not helped by reinstalling battlenet :frowning:

Same problem here, cannot patch D3 so cant play. Looks like the patching/scanning fails at the moment you have to accept that the launcher is making changes. (before you accept the changes everything is halted)

/update: full reinstall worked

1 Like

I don’t know what the hell are you developers thinking. This has been happening since the game came out and you absolutely did nothing about it. I just got the infinite repair bug today and I’m debating whether to play games on battlenet anymore. BATTLENET DEVELOPERS are ridiculous, aboslutely ridiculous.

Am having the same problem, endless loops. Any solution?

1 Like

COD: Warzone Downloaded the update without issue the other day, played fine even last night, game opened and played fine, tried to play this morning but got to the game select screen with cold war, warzone and modern warfare, but immediately crashed to desktop, tried reopening the game said I needed to update, clicked update now its stuck in an endless scanning/updating loop, gets to about 87% and them says this

“Whoops! Looks like something broke. Give it another shot.”
“OK button”
“More help:BLZBNTAGT00000BBB”

tried scanning and repair, stuck in the same scanning/updating loop

good job breaking your game guys, and to think I was about to spend $120 bucks on 2 copies of cold war for me and my kid, dodged a bullet there…

2 Likes

Same as mine , everything went fine after the update after a few days it wont work anymore and got stuck in the looping thing , this was still an issue last year and i hope they can fix this and also tried deleting idx files and reinstalling still didnt work

found a fix How to fix Warzone 2.0 /MW unlimited scan & repair loop (Without re-downloading the game) - YouTube tried it out and my game started updating

Blizzard has some whack mf programmers right now. Updates are supposed to IMPROVE your GUI, and features, not ADD more issues. I’m curious, who is part of their quality control team, because they clearly were sleeping when this hotfix was made.

Maybe I should debug the app, fix it, and get paid like Rockstar did with their fan who repaired GTA V. Because this is ridiculous.

Seems this problem is still thriving as of 04/07/2021. Deleted idx files and see from other posts that no fixes are working on here. Come on SlackaVision fix this crap.

Currently have the same issue… battle.net scanning game files in an endless loop… reinstalled app 4 times and idx. Files in data… still looping like a nascar infinity race…

I have tried to delete the IDX files (several times), Uninstalled, Reinstalled, Removed the Anti-virus, put back the anti-virus, restarted the computer (several times), deleted the Battle.net folder. Nothing is working. Please help

Hello Russkiy and everyone who is suffering from this issue. I absolutely agree that THIS IS BLIZZARD’S PROBLEM. I pay to play, not to fix the game launcher!

Since last week, I encountered the recurring same damn problem with Battlenet app failed to scan and update. Submitted a ticket and tried almost all the suggested solutions by Blizzard’s gamemaster, except uninstalling and reinstalling WoW. After spending an average of 3 hours per day and still not able to solve this technical problem, I’ve come to the conclusion that everything is fine on my end, it is Blizzard that is the cause of the agony, and I refuse to think that this is my problem.

Having searched online on this subject, I found that this forum along with many others also requesting the same solution to this ongoing problem. The fact is, I am fed up with this Blizzard bullsh*t.

Whoops! Looks like something broke. Give it another shot.​
Error Code: BLZBNTAGT00000BB8

Yes, it is Blizzard that is broken.

Hence, I have cancelled my automatic subscription renewal. As Blizzard does not care about it’s players, and having us figuring out the problem that they created, they have until July 3rd this year to solve this problem for me.

Blizzard needs to figure out the real problem with their battlenet app - I always get the same solutions offered by WoW GM or tech support which means that they are clueless about this recurring problem. On the other hand, I am killing my brain cells trying to get their game launcher to work. Makes no sense.

I can live without playing WoW for the rest of my life. Blizzard, keep up with this kind of bullsh*t to manipulate your players community, and you will continue to lose more financially as you do not appreciate your players as valuable assets.

As for my fellow WoW players: Be smart. Stop suffering. Spend your money elsewhere.

Have a good day.

soon as blizzard did this last update it messed it up I the same problem as everyone else so its there fault…period… undo “update” lol or refund money for not being able to play game or get to work fixing it most people cant do it there self and shouldn’t have to.

1 Like

i was playing wow yesterday, i have changed NOTHING, suddenly today it opens twice and blanks out with Not Responding. Then i get the scan and repair loop.

BLZBNTAGT00000BB8