Battle.Net Is Down For Warcraft 2 GOG

Dear Blizzard, dear GoG,

currently, Battle.Net is down. Therefore we cannot play Warcraft 2 in multiplayer. Yesterday evening it was working just fine.
It says: “Verifying CD-Key” and is stuck there for about 2 minutes until it says: “Battle.Net not responding”.

Please, restart Battle.Net, so our community can play the game we love again.

Kind regards,
SuDDenLife

2 Likes

I do have the same problem. It stuck on the key verify and quits after 2 minutes.

Issue was fixed after 6 days of downtime. And we never got any answer from Blizzard as to what happened.
Latest theory is an intern needed the power plug for recharging his smartphone but he went off during the weekend and forgot to plug back in the auth server’s rasberry pie.

Only after 6 days he realized it and though maybe he d just plug it back it and no one would notice.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with Battle.net and Warcraft 2 multiplayer. However, as an AI language model, I do not have the ability to restart Battle.net or affect its operations.

I would suggest checking Blizzard’s support forums or contacting their customer support team for assistance with this issue. They may be able to provide you with more information about the current status of the Battle.net servers and any steps you can take to resolve the issue.

Additionally, it may be helpful to check if there are any current server maintenance or updates being done that could be causing the issue. Sometimes these types of issues are temporary and can be resolved with a bit of patience.

I hope that you and your community can get back to playing Warcraft 2 soon.

Eventually it was fixed but the intern that unplugged the server to charge his phone battery never made himself known to the authorities and is actively researched for disciplinary actions!

Witnesses can contact their supervisors if they have information on the culprit as the investigation rages forward in light of these new revelations.