Battle.net features not appearing

Hello,

I’ve recently been facing an issue where the featured contents don’t appear on the desktop app. I’m simply faced with the html text relating to those features. Today, it got worse as the “Play” button is also no longer appearing for one of the games (World of Warcraft).

I’ve tried the following steps as suggested by Blizzard customer support, but none of them have worked for me:

• Delete your Battle.net Cache folder
  • Disable security software
  • Uninstall the Blizzard Battle.net Desktop App and reinstall
  • Update Internet Explorer
  • Update Adobe Flash

I was wondering if anyone has faced a similar issue before, and could please direct me to a possible solution.

EDIT: Screenshots
https://imgur.com/nLP4YA0
https://imgur.com/V5NvfeI

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hey Frizco,

These issues are often caused by security applications blocking the app. Since you’ve already tried disabling them you can try temporarily uninstalling them to see if there’s any change.

To add a screen shot you can upload to a site like Imgur then paste the link between two grave accents (`) like so:

link goes here

1 Like

Hey Zenlaka,

Thanks for the response.

I just tried uninstalling my security application (Avast) but still faced the same issue when I launched the Battle.net desktop app.

Is there another possible alternative? It seems strange that this only just recently started occurring since I’ve been using the same security application for several years and hadn’t seen this issue before.

Also, I’ve added the screenshots to my original post.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

If you uninstalled Avast, make sure you have restarted. If that works, you should be able to reinstall Avast without any problems. You may also want to try testing another network to see if there’s any change. If nothing else, you should be able to launch the games directly from their install folders.

I did restart it after I uninstalled, but that didn’t fix the problem unfortunately. I suppose I’ll just wait for an update for the desktop app, and hopefully that coincidentally resolves it.

I am facing the exact same problem.

Would you be able to see if the same problem happens with the beta version? Under Settings (Blizzard Logo at the top-left corner) > Beta, click on Switch to Beta. If this works, it can serve as a workaround in the mean time.

Typically, the code issue is caused by a security/firewall issue. If uninstalling the security application doesn’t work, try a New Admin account and see if the problem happens on an alternative connection to test.

1 Like

Switching to beta solved the issue for me. Thank you! :slight_smile:

it sometimes happen because app’s built-in browser can not render the content. try this:
go to Settings (click on top-left Blizzard icon, menu pops, click on Settings), go to App section, scroll down to Advanced Features, check/uncheck the use browser hardware acceleration checkbox.

Hope this works for you. :+1:
2020-12-25T20:30:00Z