i downloaded the battlenet app on chrome and when i open the installer it gets to around 80% complete and then restarts to 0%. i tried to CMD prompt to reset the security but that didnt fix the issue. Please help
Hey there! Thank you for reaching out, as it can understandably be frustrating to have a technical issue occur when simply trying to enjoy your gaming time. This specific installation behavior can have many potential causes ranging from a conflicting third-party program to a network-related problem. Try the following to narrow this down further:
- Try a DNS Flush to clear out any corrupted or stagnate data.
- Fully update or temporarily uninstall security programs which may be interfering with your connection to the server(s). More information on troubleshooting security applications here, if curious.
- Test an alternate network such as a mobile hotspot to determine whether the problem is isolated to your current network.
If the installation continues to get stuck, please run a WinMTR network test so that we can further investigate the problem. Here are the instructions:
- Download the tool from this page
- In the “Host” field, enter “us.patch.battle.net” (without quotes).
- Start the test and then try to install the Battle.net Desktop App as normal. Ensure the problem occurs while the winMTR tool is running.
- After recording data for about 5 minutes, click “export text” and save the winMTR file in an easy to find location.
- Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the winMTR. It’ll look like this:
WinMTR goes here
If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).
Did you solve this problem ?
I am also unable to download neither the battlenet app nor any game.
I’m having this issue as well, and I have no idea what caused it. All I know is that it only happens with Blizzard-related downloads.