Battle.net Desktop App Stuck at Scanning Game Files

I’m having the same problems with wow classic, tried all the recommended fixes. If anyone figures out a fix lmk please

Hi Guys,

Found my issue - to Nicoles point she was right it is to do with well DNS issue.

Well actually, in my case I installed Virtual Box, and this medals with the network settings. behind the scene it installs an adapter bridge which then makes your life very difficult.

So you need to do in Windows is go to Device Manager, find the virtual network adapter and turn off

• “Large Send Offload Version 2. (IPv4)”
  • “Large Send Offload Version 2. (IPv6)”

Reboot your system, and before launching ensure your virtual box service is shutdown in “services.msc”

This fixed my problem - after a week of banging my head against a beautiful screen :slight_smile:

I hope this help others too.

What I had to do was delete the game folder and reinstall the games, which in my case was the World of Warcraft folder. After that no more scan loop!

1 Like

Watch this video and follow the steps, it will save you from re-downloading it How to Fix Warzone Update Issues & Scanning Loop

3 Likes

Watch this video and follow the steps, it will save you from re-downloading it, trying and also free some space on your hard disk How to Fix Warzone Update Issues & Scanning Loop

@Jamiyu
That worked… thanks!