Battle.net crashing my computer launching games

I have updated my drivers, turned off hardware acceleration, uninstalled and reinstalled several times. It crashes on any game I try to run. Modern Warfare, Cold War and WoW. I have no idea what to do next.

I’m having the same issue. The game launches, I get the launch screen page, then the loading logo at the bottom right hand side of the screen then it crashes. I can’t find a solution anywhere online. I can’t find a tech support place to go to. I’ve checked drivers, un/re installed battle.net. Very frustrating.

Same i am having the same issue but only on black ops cold war where i launch the game and it almost instantly crashes tried restarting and updating windows and gpu drivers scan and repair nothing worked and its olny done this after the latest update to cold war

If your entire system is crashing as the title of this thread suggests then the system is likely suffering from a much larger issue with Windows or the hardware. There isn’t anything within the app or any games that would straight cause a system crash/shutdown.

There can definitely be issues with the app or game client but at worst it should crash and be closed by windows.

Now there are three posts here and each is describing something different.

Limitations with Blizzard Support for Activision titles.
In regards to Activision, we only handle the distribution of the game client for Activision. We will assist with anything related to the desktop application and anything with the game client that involves purchasing, activating, downloading/installing and launching. Anything that occurs after you can press the play button is going to be addressed through the Activision support portal: Support Options | Activision Support

The2040: Your issue is going to best be addressed by creating a support ticket and including system files for your issue. You can use the support button at the top of this page and then choose contact support to create it. Support will need the system files requested in the ticket form to fully investigate your issue and provide a recommendation. (please note response times are at a couple of days for tickets due to Wrath Class launch, OW2 preparations and the Modern Warfare 2 Beta)

Laundryroom: You did not mention which game but for any Blizzard created title we have specific forums you can use for that game to get more direct community assistance with troubleshooting. Otherwise if this is for an Activision title use the link I posted above.

SilentSword: Use the Activision link I posted above.

I get what your saying, but my computer is completely stable on everything else I use on it. Every steam game works just fine, VR, etc… it crashes every single time I try to launch any game from the blizzard launcher, every single time. Its not my computer its the software in the launcher. It crashes as its trying to load the game every single time.

It used to be just fine, when I quit WOW about a year ago, but now it doesn’t work at all. Its the exact same hardware as back then. Its defiantly the launcher. There are a lot of pots around the internet about this, but there are no fixes that have been posted on non official forums that work.

All of the options are game specific and its all of the games crashing the system… there isn’t one that I can see for just the app itself.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.