Battle.net connection problem while using hotspot (cellular)

Hi there!
I am experiencing some connection problem while PC connected to hotspot (internet being shared by iphone). Some tabs like individual game’s page being loaded instantly while home page, games update/download just won’t load.
Receiving an error:

Whoops! Looks like something broke. We’ll try to fix it, so please try again later.

Error Code : BLZBNTAGT000008FC

Hey there,

None of our PC clients would be supported using a cellular connection. PC clients are not optimized for those types of connections which have a ton of variability in quality and consistency. In theory they should work but there is no promise that they will consistently. The best recommendations we could make beyond switched to a land based broadband connection, would be to do what you can to improve the signal on the device you are using as the hotspot. I can say from personal experience that the hotspots provided by cellphones are not usually as robust as those provided by a dedicated hotspot device. If mobile hotspot is your only way to connect, it may be worth looking into a dedicated hotspot device.

The problem is not only Battle.net desktop app but a blizzard servers at all.
The same problem I’m experiencing with Warcraft Rumble. It instantly displays a connection error on app run. Blizzard’s products work just partly. There is a problem not with hotspot only but with the most content accessing through cellular network.

Battle.net (desktop): working just friend list and news feed. None of the install/update are working.

Warcraft Rumble (supposed to be run on mobile devices?) : permanent connection error on startup.

Seems the problem not in PC games running through cellular network but with connection to blizzard servers at all.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.