Battlenet app not working anymore

hey I cant install battlenet app anymore it once worked but then I got the agent is sleeping and I could not see my games anymore so I had to reinstall the app again what leaded to more suffering and being unable to install the blizzard app. so far I spend all my day trying to fix it and tryd everything so far with nothing working at all

3 Likes

Howdy!

Generall this issue means the Blizzard app could failed to communicate with Agent the brains of the Blizzard app. This can occur due to Security conflicts(Anti-virus/firewall software blocking the program) to Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) Repository not working correctly.

I would recommend to try the following:

• Temporarily disable any third party anti-virus and firewall software.
    1. Press the Windows and Q keys together
  1. Search for CMD
  2. Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator
  3. Enter the following commands, one at a time, pressing Enter after each:
  4. net stop winmgmt - stops the WMI Service
    * Respond in the affirmative to the warning message about stopping the Security Center and IP Helper
  5. winmgmt /resetrepository - this will report the WMI repository has been reset)
  6. net start winmgmt - it may report the WMI Service is already started - that’s okay
  7. exit - closes the Command Prompt Window

Retest! If the issue continue you may need to check to see if the network connection itself is stable. You can do this by running a 10 minute WinMTR to host IP: 185.60.112.157

Post the results back here for review!

Thank you!

2 Likes

omg, thank you so much! I spent almost the entire day trying to install battle.net, and it finally worked!