Battle.net app is just showing a black screen

Since the update yesterday, the battle.net app is just showing up as a black screen.

2 Likes

A common cause of that is antivirus software triggering as if the Bnet app is an advertisement.

Found that turning off the “Use browser hardware acceleration” in the App Settings got rid of the black screen.

7 Likes

im having the issue where when i click MW2 to play it loads it up then instantly goes to a black screen and crashes

@Killer:

The topic you are replying to is 2 years old; worse, the problem is entirely different.

This forum is to provide technical support for issues on the Battle.Net Desktop App; issues with specific games need to be reported in that game’s forum.

For the issue you describe… you will need to contact Activision Support; see this post pinned at the top of this forum: Having Problems with Call of Duty? Read this first!

Thanks for posting, this worked for me.

Thanks broskis you a real bro even a couple years later

Thank you my friend! You helped me too almost 3 years later!

This works. Thank you many years later.

Years later and still having the same issue. Could someone help tell me where to turn the browser acceleration off if I can’t see anything but black in the battle.net screen (also just a box outline sometimes)? I searched all my windows settings and can’t find how to do it outside of the app.

Try this… seems to work on my PC (Windows 10).

1. Make sure that the Battle.Net Desktop App is not running – Use Task Manager if needed;

2. Win + r to open the Execute dialog box. Type in: %Appdata% and click OK;

3. That should have launched the Windows Explorer; it should display the content of
    C:\Users\ YourWindowsUsername \AppData\Roaming;

4. Double-click on the Battle.Net folder to access that folder;

5. Double-click on Battle.net.config to open it in Notepad; don’t touch the other files…

6. Find / Search for HardwareAcceleration; it’s probably set to “true”. Change it to “false”;

7. Resave the Battle.net.config file and close Notepad; and

8. Try launching the Battle.Net Desktop App.

Good luck.