Battle.net App Installer Loops And Never Completes

I cant install battle.net desktop app, i’ve literally tried everything, deleting all the files in %Temp%, %APPDATA%, %PROGRAMDATA% and tried multiple times to download the launcher, whenever i open the setup, it gets stuck on "Updating Blizzared Agent, after i delete the cache stuff, the setup opens and then it tells me “Whoops something broke…” i reopen the installer and i press on Install and then the installer goes on to install forever without being complete, the installation sort of jumps back and forth from 89% to 70% and sometimes it starts over and it just never installs, and i’ve looked into a lot of threads due to fix this problem but none has worked, even trying to install the launcher using another connection doesn’t work and i know there is nothing wrong with my PC because steam and other Game launching apps work, please help, i just bought COD MW and i want to play it but it seems as if im being ripped off.

7 Likes

I wonder how many people who are having problems with the updating and login services are actually reporting them via tickets? I can’t do anything on any game. I’ve uninstalled and deleted the merd and nothing will reinstall. They’ve got major problems but won’t acknowledge.

6 Likes

considering them being a major company and partnered with such huge companies like Activion i recommend fixing this problem, update the installer file for god sake, im stuck not being able to do anything, its so unfair, you go buy a game just to find out that you cant even install the launcher that helps install the game, atleast have an alterative way to install games without having the need to install the launcher, everything seem pointless if your only able to access the games you purchase via the launcher, and the launcher wont even install, im really mad and frustrated because they tell us things like “Delete Cache files” or “Use different Connection”, fix your launcher for god sake or have an alternative way to install and play the games. Im sorry if it seems as if i am super mad because this really isn’t a proper way to help out in such matters, we need a real solution.

9 Likes

Hey there,

Could you send me some log files? We accept these files via email.

*** Info removed by Blizzard due to original issue being resolved. If you have this or similar issues please create a new thread ***

Keep in mind this is only an inbox for files to be sent to. We do not send support information from this inbox. Any follow up would be via this forums thread. Please only send files to the inbox on request from a Blizzard agent.

I’ve just sent you log files. please help me as soon as possible.

Hey again,

Thanks for sending us those files! I’ll gladly check them for you!

The app isn’t getting far enough to generate error logs. However I noticed a pretty large system issue in the MSinfo contained in the ZIP file you sent us. The Windows Management Instrumentation is failing! Lets try resetting it:

1. Search CMD in the windows start menu, then right-click the icon to run as administrator, then in steps 2-5 type the commands into the prompt.
  2. net stop winmgmt
  3. winmgmt /resetrepository
  4. net start winmgmt
  5. exit

Once this is done, please restart the computer then retry the installer.

If it’s still not working after that please generage a new ZIP file and email it over same as before. This will help us verify if the WMI issue is resolved and provide us with new error reporting.

Thanks again for following up with us!

1 Like

Hello Thank you so much for the help! This fixed my problem, i hope a lot of other people can see this and i hope this solution fixes their problem, thank you once more and have a nice day, i will return if there is anything else i need help with!

I’ve tried the above and it still didn’t work for me, the battlenet launcher keeps looping. I’ve tried everything!

Heya Aaron,

Go ahead and send me logs. I’ll take a look!

I am also having the same issue even after following your previous steps. Sending log files now.

Thank you I’ve sent the log files

hey there [Kaldraydis]
I too am having some installation issues. was working at first then stopped and been nothing but problems. sent you a log please help

I’ve had this problem for months, I tried every solution under the sun except seng log files… just cause I dont know how to do that, I even tried to copy every single battlenet file in a computer where it is working, even like temp files and transfer them to mine, but still didnt work, It just says “downloading” for ever, I even left it on for 2 days, until I caught ton the fact it was not going to…

Please help?

I’ve sent log files and opened tickets with no responses yesterday. The above doesn’t work for me for under a command shell as administrator I get access denied. Even in Services, trying to stop the service gives an “Access Denied”.

If you look at the log files mine indicate that a server is not responding. the us. patch. battle.net. I believe.
fetcher\httpfetcherimpl.cpp, line 392): HTTP: connection failed for host 137.221.106.19:1119: NET_CANCELED

This sounds like a very POOOOOR solution to bad systems design in the first place.

1 Like

I was able to get the install to work with Microsoft Edge instead of Chrome. I cleared all data, closed out of the program and then restarted the download. Hopefully this works for you.

Hey wbh215,

I checked your logs and the app is getting a “Net Canceled” error. This typically means there is security software or settings on either the computer or router blocking the installer.

My advice:

1. Uninstall any third party security software
  2. Factory reset the router and modem
  3. Try a different network to rule out any sort of ISP issues (mobile hotspot, internet cafe, friend’s house, etc)

Hope this info helps!

1 Like

I’m not seeing them in the inbox. Though I do have a few logs here that do not match any user who posted on this thread. Could you try resending the log file using the email registered to your Blizzard account? This will make it easier for us to match the log files to your forums post.

Thanks!

I was checking the msinfo on your web ticket and noticed a WMI issue similar to the OP. Could you try these instructions?

I did send them from my email that was registered with my account, I’ve sent them again. Let me know when you receive them thanks!

the email *** Info removed by Blizzard *** bounced and would not send, is this the correct email?