Battle net won't install, stuck at Downloading New Files

I ran into an issue the other day where I could not connect to the internet with my Battle Net account. After looking online for various solutions, I tried uninstalling the app and all games to start from a fresh install. However, I am now trying to install and it will not progress past the 10% mark and it says it is “Downloading New files”. I have left it installing overnight and it did not budge. I tried, installing without my anti-virus (both switched off and uninstalled), nothing. I tried a dns flush, nothing. I tried resetting my router, nothing. I tried a windows system restore, nothing. I tried installing as the administrator, nothing. I ensured my firewall allowed all Blizzard applications, and ensured the blizzard setup launcher was permitted. Help.

Thanks,

Baz

4 Likes

J’ai exactement le même pb :confused:
Je pense qu’il s’agit d’un bug qui vient directement de Blizzard et donc peut être faut-il attendre. En tout cas j’espère qlqn va rep.

Hey there Bazookabird, thanks for reaching out with that information! Can you temporarily test an alternate network such as a mobile hotspot or VPN? This will help us quickly determine whether the issues are network-related.

If the Battle.net Desktop App finishes installing when using an alternate network, at that point we can be sure that the issue is isolated to the primary network. In these situations, ultimately we can only recommend contacting the Internet Service Provider (ISP) for assistance determining what is causing the issue to occur on that specific network. They might need to adjust network-level security/firewall settings on your modem or temporarily replace the device to narrow it down further. I always recommend requesting to be forwarded to a “level 2 or level 3 technician” when contacting the ISP since the front-line representatives typically only have access to basic diagnostics and troubleshooting tools.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any questions going forward.

I am having the same problem, i think that i’m just going to forget about battle net and blizzard games like starcraft 2, it’s just costing me 2 much effort.

4 Likes

the game wont go off from downloading files, and if it does it says ''we are having trouble launching battle.net update agent. please wait one more minute and try again. if this happens again, try restarting your computer or reinstalling battle.net ‘’ i did all of that and it still does not install. I NEED HELP

having this problem also, tried all the recommended solutions, have had no problems with downloads until this latest update HELP PLEASE!

1 Like

Hello there. I had the same problem. Nothing on the website works.
But I found this video with multiple solution paths. The 2nd option worked fine with me (after a reboot).

1 Like

I’m having the same issue where the battle net setup gets stuck downloading new files. I have tried all of Blizzard’s recommended fixes as well as the fixes in the video above on multiple occasions and it is still stuck. Any help would be appreciated.
I am on a fresh windows 10 install besides steam and origin, everything is default.

*edit
I finally found a solution, I had to manually turn off ipv4 firewall through my modem settings. It’s a shame that this is something that even needs to be considered. No other gaming service had this issue and it worries me that this is the fix.

5 Likes

You are a god send. Everything you tried at first, I did to :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: And than I read your post and found victory!

thanks for this update, just making a post so i can make a character on warcraft logs

I had this same issue, tried everything in the video above and nothing worked. After doing a bunch more research, it sounds like it may have something to do with my IP address (I live at a housing co-op that provides internet to all the tenants). I read others having issues with Battlenet when using a shared connection.

Tried using a free VPN, and this fixed the issue. I tried turning the VPN off after I installed Battlenet, and it wouldn’t even let me log in. So it looks like if I want to play any Battlenet games, I’ve gotta be connected to the VPN… Definitely wish it weren’t necessary, but there doesn’t seem to be anything I can do about it (aside from getting a unique static IP from the ISP, but I don’t even know if that would be possible to do where I’m living).

Multiplayer games still seem to work fine when using a free VPN though. I was concerned that my internet speeds through a VPN would be too slow, but the couple matches of Overwatch I played seemed to be free from any lag.

2 Likes

Whats the free vpn you used?

Thank you, this is the only thing that worked for me also. Kinda scary.

1 Like

Going through the VPN also solved my issue. Other suggestions in this thread did not work and I did not want to disable firewall.

1 Like

This thread has been closed as the original issue has been resolved.

If you are experiencing an update issue, please create a new thread.