Battle.net is not responding

After watching the diablo 4 trailer my brother (who lives with me) and I decided to play d2 again for the first time in over a decade. We leveled up doing tristram runs and farming runes together. We had no idea that a game per hour limit existed or that trying to mule would screw us over so hard.

Can someone please unrestrict our IP/CD-key… whatever it is that is restricted? This whole situation is rather silly and from perusing the forums it would seem like the restrictions on games per hour and how quickly people log in our out should be modified or gotten rid of all together.

As a company you would benefit by reducing the amount of threads like this you have to read/respond to.

3 Likes

Hey there,

The temp restrictions are typically shared between all users of the same network. So we’re limited on what we can do to verify who caused it.

It looks like this one is an extended restriction, so it’s more likely a bad CD key was used or a VPN/Proxy/Host service.

Keep in mind that support agents are not able to remove these restrictions.

how long is an extended restriction? because we don’t use a VPN/proxy/host service and my cd key is a digital key from the blizzard store and my brother’s is from our original copy from back in early 2000’s.

Honestly the last time i played this game was back in 2001 and it didn’t matter back then if you muled items or did farming runs. And to be clear I’ve never used a bot.

I legitimately had to google what caused this problem and browse multiple reddit threads and blizzard help desk threads. It’s so mind blowingly ridiculous that I read your ToS and even with the most vaguest of stretches I can’t see how anything I did could remotely be interpreted as breaking the ToS and meriting this penalty.

SO i find it rather ridiculous that I bought a game and I can’t play it because a 20 year old game is so policed with these ridiculous restrictions that I’m locked out and I already gave blizzard my money. I feel like I just donated money. This feels highly unethical and I’m glad I pulled my wow sub the other day.

3 Likes

same here… i’ve also waited about 1+ week to try to log in again. still same prob… smh. i’ve literally tried everything, please help.

I think it’s 14 days. Which is really bull. I got the same thing and I literally use a regular ISP with no VPN or anything. I play from home. Got booted and told i was using a host.

1 Like

If that’s the case I’m thinking complaint to better business bureau. If you think of the game as a product you bought and it’s restrictions preventing you from playing the game at any level then it’s almost a scam.

I could really care less at this point about a GM response. I really doubt that any legitimate customer would pay for a product like this! PoE is F2P and is riddled with RMT but you don’t see them punishing the living daylights out of their customers over it. Same with countless other ARPG’s and MMO’s. So dumb…

3 Likes

can i get a refund?
LOL

Yeah, I agree. This is ridiculous. I can’t stand knowing i did absolutely nothing wrong. I just connected to my normal ISP from home. Not a VPN. Now I can’t play the game i paid for and no refund has been offered. Scam.

It’s been nine days and I still can’t play the game. Why is it ok to restrict someone’s account for doing level 6 - 15 tristram runs? This game is 20 years old why do these restrictions even exist?

2 Likes

Having the exact same issue. Just purchased the game to play online, but cannot. Refunds should be issued if this can’t be resolved. Sort of ridiculous

1 Like

Same problem except I was attempting to log on after leaving it for about 1-2 months, I’ve kept active so I don’t lose any of my characters but, I couldn’t log in due to myself momentarily forgetting my pass well also using a VPN. I figured it was the VPN and now I’m in the same boat… I’d LOVE to know how long this temp restriction is!! ALSO! Diablo 2 remake/remaster looking real good right about now! Please…

its telling me that im playing and i cant log into bnet. i waited 12 hrs from restart. and i still cant get it.