Battle.net crashes windows 10 and loses game locations

This has happened far too often. Something was freezing Windows 10 completely and I’ve finally narrowed it down to the battle.net client. Not only does it freeze the OS, forcing me to turn my computer off, but the client also then loses all my game locations. This particular time, it then said that Hearthstone was no longer the right version and refused to let me use the directory, so I had to reinstall the whole thing. I’m am very disappointed in the quality of what Blizzard is churning out. Blizzard used to have an awesome QA process and this battle.net client is absolute crap, so disappointing.

It’s because the executives blew their funds up their A$$ and left the audience high and dry while they continue to snort up WoW pay-to-play.

If the problem has persisted this long and they continue to promote through sponsored gamers, sequels, bankrolling the franchise in any way than it is obvious that malicious intent is at hand. You cannot promote a product for which you cannot deliver, and it looks like after they drove their entire development team off they are stuck raking in cash for a game they can’t maintain. Honestly? WoW was bankrolled off the back of D2, arguably a superior game in many regards and currently being acknowledged as the best RPG of all time. Blizzard is stupid to turn their back on the developers, audience and franchise.

Hey TheDoctor,

Most people don’t experience this problem, but there can be several different causes for a PC to freeze like this. We can rule out any file corruption in the Blizzard app by doing a clean reinstall:

1. Uninstall the Blizzard app
  2. Next open the temp locations and delete any Battlenet and Blizzard folders you see in each location. Press Windows Key + R and type:
    • %LOCALAPPDATA%
    • %APPDATA%
    • %TEMP%
    • %PROGRAMDATA%
  3. Finally go ahead and reinstall the app from here. Make sure you run as Admin.

If this persists, we should get a DxDiag to take a closer look:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
    4)Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  4. Paste the DXdiag into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the “code” button (</>). That’ll make the information much more readable.
It should look like this.