Battle Launcher will not log in

Currently (7:05 PM Pacific Time 30 Aug 2020), I am unable to log into the battle.net launcher. After using my authenticator, it immediately tells me that they could not log me in. I can, however, login to any battle.net services using a web browser.

I HAVE TRIED ALL THE TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS, yet I’m getting the following Error.

BLZBNTBGS80000011 (1001)

This login problem seems SPECIFIC to the battle.net launcher application. However, another strange problem is that clanmates in my clan are able to log out of Diablo3 then close the battle.net launcher completely. Then, they can log back in successfully to both the launcher and Diablo3.

Looks like the login problems from earlier today are still there.

I hope some people actually get around to checking this… but I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t. Activision is competing with EA for worst game provider/developer in the industry and they are well on their way.

tps://downdetector.ca/status/call-of-duty/

type ht and hit the link

Hey, Badger! The BLZBNTBGS80000011 (1001) error is a fairly generic connection error. Would you recall what troubleshooting you’ve tried so far? If so, could you list them here?

As a few basics, it may help to do a clean reinstall of the Blizzard Application:

1. Uninstall the application
  2. Press Windows key + R and type in %temp%
  3. Delete anything related to Blizzard or Battle.net
  4. Do the same for %programdata%, %localappdata%, %appdata%
  5. Reinstall the application

If possible, an alternative connection or VPN should help with any connectivity issues as well. If neither of those are possible, do you have any issues when switching the region on the login screen? This should use a different authentication server than the home region. You’ll want to log out of the application and change the region using the :globe_with_meridians: icon.

If it persists after those suggestions, could you provide a WinMTR test? Run the test to the IP Address/Host: us.actual.battle.net until the problem occurs for 5 to 10 minutes. Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
WinMTR Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)