Authenticator fault, a serious problem

Hi there :

I’m trying to restore my Authenticator on my new phone, after I put in the serial number and restore code I’m always getting this message:

Error…
An unexpected error occured.
Please try again later,

I double checked everything, it’s the same steps I do everytime i replace my phone.And I confirm that the serial number and restore code I entered are correct

I can’t even move on to the new Battle.net app / Authenticator because it asks me for an Auth. I haven’t used my previous phone number for a long time

EDIT: I just tried using 2 different phones too, same error.

If someone doesn’t understand, let me give an example: I have been using an old Authenticator for a long time, and I haven’t used my previous phone number for a long time. I don’t care about that phone number because I have a validator, and I know it has already been transferred. When I try to log in to the new Battle.net app, it requires me to enter the validator code, but I cannot use the validator, so I cannot log in.

Please don’t tell me to contact customer service support, as many people have encountered this issue, which is caused by the old authentication device stopping service. Many people also give up using their phone numbers and use identity validators for a long time. Do they also have to contact customer service support?Uh huh?

I would like to say that the old authenticator can be restored to use by restoring the code, and then logged in using the code. But what about the new mobile app? In the new program, only the place to add an authenticator can also see the serial number and restore code.
However, has anyone noticed the new app. No serial number or restore code was used to restore the position or button of the validator. So what is the purpose of the serial number and restore code of this validator? I hope to restore their original function, otherwise many people will not be able to log in to their accounts.

Let me finally assume a scenario where if you are someone who has been using an identity verifier for a long time and you trust your verifier, your previous phone number has been discontinued and you have now switched to a new phone, or your previous verifier app has been deleted by you, but you have a backup of your serial number and restore code. When you want to log in to your account, you will be prompted to enter the validator code. What should you do?

In the past, the serial number and recovery code in the validator would remind us to save them correctly when saving them because they are important and can be used for recovery. But now, where are their functions

1 Like

yes mate
exactly I have had the same issue from Thursday
and after some tickets, they passed me to live chat, and still am waiting for them to start work day after 4 days maybe they resolve this issue!

and I should add it I told this issue to a close friend of mine and he tried to use his fresh serial and restore code to another phone and he also get this error!

I’m a developer (not from blizzard) and I figured out that their service / server mobile-service is down that’s why we can’t restore any authenticator or create new ones, this should be fixed quickly since it’s just a bad gateway problem.

1 Like

They intentionally shut down this service