App keeps asking for root password

For about 1.5 years now, the Mac app every now and then suddenly pops up this “battle.net wants to make changes” system window asking me for admin password. I’ve already read that this has to do with app-to-browser communication as it wants to install a self-signed SSL certificate. Besides being a security risk (no thanks I don’t trust Blizzard this much), this is extremely inconvenient as it sometimes steals the input focus.

I have no intention of ever allowing this. There needs to be a way to tell it to stop asking for this forever.

10-4-2019 at 5:47 AM - PDT

@ Гришка,

This was/is prominent in El Capitan. The old Forum had a HUGE Thread that was Pinned on this issue. It’s a shame that when this Forum was brought on line that the old Pinned Thread was NOT copied over to here. This IS a HUGE problem!

As far as I know, (as evidenced by your ongoing issue(s)), this issue NEVER got resolved. HOWEVER; since I built my newer Hackintosh and got it to High Sierra 10.13.6 with current Security Updates, I no longer encounter the problem.

I suggest opening a Trouble Ticket with Blizzard telling them the issue still exists.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

TimeLord04

I have the same thing, but in the Mac LaunchPad, there are two shortcuts, one for ‘World of Warcraft Launcher’ and the other ‘Battle.net’.
They both open the same launcher, but the Battle.net one does not ask for the admin login.
So I just use the Battle.net shortcut to skip it asking for the password etc.