26 digit key -> back to old 16 digit key

I’m trying to install Diablo II on an older machine running Mac OS 9. I long ago converted my old 16-digit CD keys to 26 digit online keys, but there doesn’t appear to be a mac Diablo II client I can download, much less a Mac OS 9 version. When I try to install from the old CD, it asks for the 16 digit key I no longer have.

Is there a way to convert the 26 digit key back to the old 16 digit one? I know the 16 digit key would still work because I do still have my old Warcraft III keys and they works, even though I’ve also converted those ones to 26 digit online keys.

it should still be on the disc case. mine is.

yep, but I can’t find the disc case for D2. only the discs. so I’m wondering if it’s possible to reverse-translate the 16 digit code out of the 26 digit one.

it is not. the cd-key is not translated but exchanged. good luck searching for the disc case. one thing you could do is to ask blizzard support what cd-key it was you inputted. they might have it in their records.

I’m on a PC so I have no idea if this download is working…if it does…let us know…

It’s showing a download for MAC…

think you should be able to select operating system. click on the arrow next to the system on the list.