10.2.6 Plunder storm......really? I don't play Overwatch!

Jesus Blizzard! Please stop cross realming your games. I don’t play Hearthstone, Overwatch, and so on. Diablo is at least WoW like. You haven’t updated Starcraft in years. Those are the ONLY games of yours I ever played. Have you noticed yet the connection? You only have one game I play that is a player vs player. Stop cross your games its like putting ice cream on steak. I was super hoping this event would be something fun until season 4 came out, which I am only interested in for the heroic/mythic squish. You are losing people in WoW cause the majority of WoW players don’t want to do PVP and extreme content. They want slow leveling, long term content, and player interaction. WoW is an Extrovert game, Overwatch is an Introvert game. Learn who your player base is!

12 Likes

If you wish to provide feedback about World of Warcraft you will want to do that on the WoW forums.

You are currently on the forum for feedback about the Beta version of the Desktop launcher app for all Blizzard games.

2 Likes

this is so stupid. ppl wait for you to kill something and you are low on health and a low lvl and they come kill you. you dont have time to lvl before you go to pvp. stupidist thing in game. nice going blizzard.

4 Likes

It’s garbage. Negative feedback is going to flow over all the things for a bit due to how terrible it is and the direction ya’ll are headed. It takes time for people to migrate to new games when what they’ve known for years becomes irrevocably broken.

2 Likes

As there is no Plunder storm feedback on forum I will use this post areas as well.
Plunder storm so far has been very disappointing given all the pre-hype.
I thought I would be playing within proper WOW game not being a tester of some new side game Blizzard is trialling.
Logged in and was constantly farmed by pvp experienced players killing new logins rather than getting rep by exploring and finding chests, etc.
Got to the point where I have now given up and will possibly retry during a different time zone or on a different realm.
Very buggy. Got to level 3 died and in logging in was back at level 1 each time. Progress not retained.
This event is really just for PVP players not for PVE players.
Very, very disappointing as it is unlikely any solo player will be able to get more than one or two rewards whilst the event is up.
This event is no fun at all for normal PVE players except for the bullying game trolls who will be in heaven as they will be able to achieve in game what social media and other gaming companies have banned them from online. Being able to constantly attack and frustrate innocent players so they can’t play the game for no reason other than for their warped sense of fun, and no one wants that experience.

4 Likes

yup all this hush hush hype for what this patch is and its just a FOMO stupid battle royal game, of all the modes and ideas you could of put resources into you went the log in boring grind limted time stupid battle royal mode? On top of that its not even fun, its a trash mode, wow is a freaking MMO put those resources into the freaking MMO.

5 Likes

I was so looking forward to pirate fun until I experienced what it was. I do not PVP. Being forced to endure it in order to earn rewards (I collect mounts and minis in WOW… not to mention the Pepe skin is super cute) is just stupid. I hate PVP and it’s super frustrating being forced to participate in something I refuse to do in normal WOW. Why would I want to stress out and not have fun? This has got to be the stupidest decision Blizz has made yet. The diablo and Hearthstone events in game are enjoyable for the most part, even if drop rates suck. But being forced to PVP is annoying and it’s obvious you don’t care about that part of your fan base.

4 Likes

Cant stand it…just like overwatch and call of duty, someone is waiting to kill you with better gear or more powerful…who greenlighted this crap?

3 Likes

Just tried and I am not a fan of what ever this event is.

5 Likes

Also thought it was going to be a lot of fun with the pirate theme and the hype. Was super excited only to find out it’s Fortnite/PubG in a WOW setting. I experienced all the same trolling mentioned above, trying to kill a rare, got killed as soon as my health was low.

I don’t like PVP and will not continue playing this mode for the 2 minutes you get by yourself at the beginning (only depending on where you land)

4 Likes

Plunderstorm reminds me of Vanilla PvP. Players stalk a chest and just wait for some lower level toon to come along or hide and then gank someone as soon as their health is low after they’ve been fighting an NPC

2 Likes

I can see where this is good for PvPers, and I am happy for them, I really am. Otherwise I think this is completely annoying as hell. I get to land and then spend if I am lucky, 10 to 20 seconds before I get wiped out. and I am lucky if I break 100 for renown reward points, and you want us to get to level 40? Make a PVE version of this, where characters cannot kill each other, and the “winner” is determined by whoever gets the most stuff when the storm finally smashes us all up together and kills us, and I might be able to actually enjoy what I am doing, or even a one person mode where you just have the field to yourself and race the storm to get as much stuff as you can. Finally, please NEVER EVER do the secrecy thing again for something this centered on a single player group…secrecy should be reserved for storyline and surprises that are good for everyone, not for something that is going to piss off 50 - 80% of the playerbase. Please stop catering to the elite players only, the casuals are the ones that will fund your game for decades!!!

2 Likes

what a waste pure garbage

1 Like

Okay, while I can appreciate what you are trying to do with Plundestorm…It’s VERY anti fun for PvE players, we are CONSTANTLY griefed and ganked by clearly experienced PvP players who are bored with no new content, so they are using THIS to get their fix. You cant even talk to the guy to check rep change outfits ETC without getting constantly knocked into the water by people with barrels, griefing others! Which I guess is fine IF it was ONLY PvP, but it isn’t! Can you PLEASE make some adjustments so we PvE players can actually even attempt to grind out the rep without being constantly and clearly singled out and harassed? Maybe put in a PvE safe zone or give us a way to turn world PvP off for us that DON’T want to PvP? I’d like the rewards that are in here, but in the last hour I’ve gotten NO WQs done because I get killed before I can even attempt it 9 times out of 10. And I really don’t like that you are encouraging this behavior by putting bounties on players, encouraging this behavior even more. Again for PvPs that WANT to do that it’s whatever, but I really hate it.

2 Likes

Good post, I agree with the above

1 Like

10000% this response pretty is on point with this mode.

1 Like

why would I not want ice-cream on my steak?