Water Strider Discussion

Hitting level 60 doesn’t require water. But if you wanna swim places be my guest.

You might want to remove this because it’s provably false.
Swim speed is 67.46% of base run speed.

Aquatic Form for instance (150% swim speed) only makes it 101.19% of base run speed, making it 1.19% faster than running on land.

18 Likes

It’s bad because taking things away from players is bad. Especially something they had to grind rep and pay for. It would take zero effort NOT to take it away.

Apparently they didn’t learn much from Portalgate.

26 Likes

I for one like being able to water walk on all my mounts now was so annoying having to use the bug to cross water then switch to one I want to really use and I bet once you use it for your mounts it will work with low levels as well.

Just need to be 100 or so at first like the feathermane book for hunters but then again GD will complain about anything and not listen to reason. :roll_eyes:

That makes the insinuation that all mounts that couldn’t water walk or fly before were without purpose.
Water Striders are still a cool looking mount, with just as much purpose as the fel goat I like to ride around.

2 Likes

Fixed that for you.

26 Likes

I don’t have a clue what this all is even about yet but you’re hilarious. “It’s only alpha… It’s only Beta… They’ll fix it next patch”. If something bad is currently being tested, something bad is going live.

35 Likes

Fair enough. My preferences are not everyone’s. The more proper thing to say would be “this removes what makes a water strider special and now it’s just another mount”

6 Likes

Good thing this isn’t something bad.

1 Like

This is the last time I’m ever trying to help anyone on this toxic forum.

5 Likes

I’ve seen them fix stuff before it’s gone live. I mean, people are just complaining to complain at this point.

I just don’t spaz out on things that are being tested.

3 Likes

Lore confirmed

1 Like

Yes they are removing something, they are now making you choose either water walking or not being dazed. You Can NOT do both like you can now. It’s one or the other, So with 8.2 you will have to constantly switch between the two. Right now i can use a Barding and my strider mount. I will not in a few weeks

15 Likes

He didn’t lie tho… He said low levels don’t need to swim MUCH.
That said, low levels absolutely CAN use swimming mounts like the Sea Turtle that match aquatic form movement speed. So, really, we’re not losing much here and gaining the ability to water walk with the mounts we actually like.

1 Like

Blizzard: Yeah, well, you don’t REALLY need to chew your food. If you chew your food before you swallow it you’re just taking the easy way out. You definitely aren’t born with teeth, and lots of animals don’t need them. We noticed that too many people are using their teeth instead of other solutions, like swallowing harder. So we’ve nerfed teeth to preserve the original intent of not-chewing.

The Hardcore Shills of GD: /promptly and gladly choke to death

25 Likes

Your information is appreciated. Where you went wrong is telling others how to feel.

If you want to inform just leave the information and let people draw their own conclusions.

Arguing aside I appreciate you posting this information even if we don’t agree

5 Likes

No, they are removing a passive and adding something you have to work for instead. Furthermore, it will certainly be expensive enough that you have to be selective about which mounts will get it - you are being unrealistic if you think this will be cheap enough to add to every mount. People are already saying it will be expensive if you don’t have the strider.

What’s really happened is they’ve created quasi-pathfinder for water walking while removing anything previously gained by people.

3 Likes

I’ve seen them ignore outcries before it went live only to implement their changes anyways. So it seems Blizzard just does what they want regardless

2 Likes

Water walking was first implemented with the idea that it’s only balanced by the dazed mechanic and I would be every coin I have in this game that the implementation of bindings was an oversight in reference to water walking that they simply didn’t see as important enough to instantly fix.

You absolutely should not be able to have multiple benefits on one mount in the first place honestly.

But yeah, you were right about my statement, something that should be removed is being removed.

And how do you expect it to be fixed if everyone is supposed to act like it’s a wonderful idea?

11 Likes