Water Strider Discussion

I haven’t been playing that long and even I know that if it’s being tested it’s mostly likely going live. Also in my short time playing Ive learned that the only way to keep snd unwanted chsnge from going live is to complain loud and complain early. Luckily I’m a shaman so it doesn’t really impact me, but at this point I wouldn’t ne surprised if we lost that too.

I’m more concerned that they’re so willing to invalidate rewards earned through long grinds.

24 Likes

The DK community thanks Blizzard for obviating more of their utility.

15 Likes

So no flight to start expansions and all the time I spent getting a waterstrider wasted because of their decisions. I think I’ll be done with this game at the end of my subscription. This no flight policy for most of an expansion and then taking away the only other mount that was worthwhile without flight just reeks of artificially making game travel more difficult than it should be.

28 Likes

LIAR. LIAR.

Before I got the water walking mount I must have had 25 characters swim from Ratchet to Gadgetzan.

Absolutely total lie.

7 Likes

Wait. There’s a flight Master heirloom now to get every flight path. No swimming.

I mean the boots still come from the same rep vendor, maybe potentially one tier of rep lower.
If you ask me, all utility items (and anything that’s not simply cosmetic, like regular mounts that can’t water walk), should drop down a tier in rep.

Costs 10k gold and you get a few flight points.

NOT THE SAME. No excuse for lying. Previously unknown poster. Checks out.

11 Likes

Lore, is that you?

I’ll be happy when Blizzard goes back to being a company that can give players good things without also taking things away for no good reason.

36 Likes

What the heck did I lie about? Go buy the darn flight book and your problem is solved.

Seems like they have an RNG utility to create random forum posters for this purpose.

Stirrups exist to solve that problem with the sky golem.

1 Like

Nope… that’s why water-walking exists. It’s faster.

16 Likes

Ahahahahahahahahaha!

gasp

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

…oh god…my sides.

21 Likes

Well since they’ve killed the strider they should just cost gold to anyone who passes by. This change gives them no purpose

1 Like

You lied and said lower levels don’t need to swim. How does spending a crapton of gold on a book with a few flight points in it get you around in Thousand Needles? Crossing streams?

Just reveals that you’ve probably never leveled a character.

13 Likes

Tried helping.

Terrible attitude, you’re turning yourself into Blizzard yes-man.

Blizzard used to say Mythic+ dungeon gear can only be obtained from M+ chest, player complained that blizz is dumb, blizz realized its dumb, blizz introduced Azerite vendor.

Everything you enjoy up to this point, TResiduum, 4 ring Azerite, Extended Azerite Knowledge is all happened because of the “complainer”.

20 Likes

For no reason? Or for just reasons that don’t bother you?

2 Likes

The first post says much swimming.
One time you swim per toon is much swimming to you?
Your personal preference aside, what he said is absolutely NOT a lie as it leaves room for relativity and you just sound like a whiner the way you replied to it.