Stop removing portals

No, it just makes navigating it crappier. If anything, all it’s gonna do is make it feel emptier as we alt tab to watch Netflix while we wait an extra five minutes, rather than playing the game.

111 Likes

And at what point did you think going back on things that have been convenient for almost a decade did you think would be acceptable or well received? Oh right once Activision started forcing policies to make the players HAVE to play longer instead of making quality content.

107 Likes

It is. But ok, you can win. :grinning:

:ice_cream:

1 Like

Stop removing portals.

93 Likes

No, it does not make it feel bigger, it makes it feel boring. The game has already too many time Gates. We dont need a other one. They should stop fixing things that are working fine, and work on the real issues that this expansion has.

92 Likes

Honestly, all this does is make the world feel smaller. With portals, even though its convenient it also makes it easier to go explore. Knowing something isnt a pain in the butt makes me feel more inclined to take my time. If I have to jump through hoops to get somewhere, Im more likely to either stop doing what I was gonna do or just do only the task I was gonna do.

In addition, what about the legion artifact quests? This makes it much more annoying for people leveling alts as well as new people. Boomkins and UH DKs still need to get to kara, Holy Paladins and all priests still need to use the crater to get to Tirisfal.

This does not feel good at all, and game design around making people not feel good is terrible.

115 Likes

You can’t win anything on the internet. :icecream:

4 Likes

I win the ice cream battle… you offer a single softserve cone, Mine is a sundae. :laughing:

14 Likes

LOL! Good one friend!

5 Likes

They already are ghost town, with or without portals. The only reason I ever went to shrine was to go to a raid, or take the portal to old dalaran. Never did I stay more than a minute.

13 Likes

I 100% support fewer portals for this very reason. Adds to the rpg element

4 Likes

Except they’re removing that too. They’re taking out the ‘extra’ portals in Boralus and Dazar’Alor and only leaving the Stormwind/Orgrimmar portal and the portal to Magni.

18 Likes

We saw you run by, and that is something at least.

3 Likes

Speaking of mage portals, perhaps you folks could consider giving them more like to Kara, and the time keepers cavern and what not.

11 Likes

How is this going to make the World of Azeroth feel alive when we’re all bottled into 1 location for convenience?

MoP was years ago yet I still saw people in the Shrine due to the portals. Still, I see people in Legion Dalaran because of the portals.

Now we’ll all be in Orgrimmar. This doesn’t make any sense.

106 Likes

Running I would still do if I took the long way.

1 Like

I remember the world with zero portals, except for mages. Didn’t have mounts til 40, epic riding at 60 was expensive. No flying except on taxis and zepps. We made it to wherever we were going eventually.

It’s gotten exponentially easier to move around the world now and the convenience was welcome. But rarely used.

I have lots of rings, cloaks, trinkets, potions to get here and there and epic flying in all contents (except current). I can get around without much time spent (and if I end up on a taxi from Booty Bay to WPL, that’s when I can go do laundry and cook dinner).

We’ll see what we end up with when 8.1.5 goes live. We may see a whole lot more complaints but like everything else in WoW that’s been changed, you adjust and make do. Business as usual.

5 Likes

And the portal in Dalaran sent you right to Shrine. So bad logic.

21 Likes

I object to the removal of portals. It’s all very well to add a central portal hub to the faction capitals—I’m very much in favor of that—but there is no reason I can think of why portals need to be removed from former expansion hubs. Indeed, if you ask me, portals should be restored to places like Shattrath and Old Dalaran so that players can more easily access places where they may be leveling alts or farming resources. I can think of no reason why these portals ever needed to be removed in the first place.

135 Likes

Mages can make a portal whenever and wherever they want on next to no CD. Everyone else has to use a Dalaran Hearthstone on a long CD and suffer two-three loading screens. I think mages will be alright.

28 Likes