Plunderstorm actively makes me not-want to play WoW

title.
i play a match or 2, or 3, i don’t have fun, i swap over to retail, but by then i’m frustrated and don’t want to play it either. screw this gamemode.

140 Likes
18 Likes

:laughing:

oh brother.

2 Likes

I can very much agree to this mood.

I suggest looking at cat videos (or puppies, or other goofy animal funnies) for 5min before returning.

17 Likes

I ran into the same problem yesterday. Played 2 games of Plunderstorm, got frustrated, swapped to my retail toon, thought maybe I’ll do dailies instead and go farm gold, decided about 30 seconds after logging in I have no interest in that after Plunderstorm, and logged out. I went shopping with my sister instead. Came back, made the mistake of trying Plunderstorm again, and found myself right back into the same boat. Couldn’t tolerate logging into retail after the frustration of Plunderstorm. So you’re not alone, OP. I’m sure many of us are feeling the same way.

52 Likes

Yeah, the only fun in this game is barreling people in the lobby.

9 Likes

actually kinda true.

says something about how ‘good’ the rest of the gamemode is… although! i did see a streamer’s character in the lobby, have 'im a salute so… that made me feel good about myself…
before getting shoved into another game, getting chased-down by some dillbag and killed, even though i was actively avoiding them…

4 Likes

I’m slowly grinding my way through the rep like so many other people, but I noticed that for about an hour after every play session I feel just toxic. Bad mood, unhealthy thoughts. I have to go cycling, workout, or walk the dog to fix it.

30 Likes

Pretty much. I think im just done. But ill say that wow players absolutely deserve this. I put in for a refund on the expansion but i probably wont receive it. 100 bucks worth ill never use.

5 Likes

I played one match, saw the writing on the wall and went right back to retail. I guess it had the opposite effect on me since it made me appreciate retail more. :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

I am now denying the existence of Plunderstorm and am already happier for it. I invite you to do the same.

15 Likes

i’m in the same boat. play a game or 2 then decide to logover to retail. stare at the character screen for a minute or 2 to see who i want to play then just say “screw it” and logoff entirely. i watched tv last night and caught up on Shogun. its an amazing show so far. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I haven’t played WoW since Plunderstorm has been out.

I’ve only played Plunderstorm!

7 Likes

Ya, i think this separate game mode has finally convinced me to stop collecting everything i can and just got for a few things i like within WOW itself. I hated Twich stream pets/mounts because it was annoying to watch and play at the same time. I dislike PS because you get one shot killed and the interface blows goats.
If i run out of things to do ill just have to quit now. Hopefully raiding can keep me occupied.

4 Likes

Hmm maybe I’m not caught up on the full discussion around the game mode, but why is it impacting your enjoyment of regular WoW?

Maybe I haven’t dug into it enough but it’s a completely optional game mode, right?

3 Likes

Have you tried not caring about dying?

No, seriously. Even as an avid pvper I occasionally get frustrated when I get killed in PvP.

When that happens, I have to consciously step back for a moment, realize it doesn’t matter, set out to purposefully get killed for a match or two to reinforce it, then I’m better again.

It helps.

4 Likes

It’s funny because when I went to sleep last night I was seeing plunderstorm on my eyelids from playing so much of it.

I’m actually having a lot of fun with it. It’s making the grind for cosmetics so much more entertaining and engaging than if I simply had to do a bunch of World Quests that posed no threat, daily, for days on end.

2 Likes

it is garbage

all that i want is the 5 ability loadout in normal wow

2 Likes

I did the same

1 Like

The controls for this gamemode are absolutely terrible and feel clumsy as hell.

Just spam the attack button and hope something hits another player level of terrible.

6 Likes