Simple things that aren't on console, but should be. (List) (Add your suggestions)

Feel free to add to the list, I will edit in good suggestions.

These suggestions are meant to be like things that PC already has and are simple to put in, or something like making the console version work better with the controller.

-Bind a control to activate from pressing multiple buttons at a time (caracc)
-FOV slider (BaronVonGoon)
-In-game text chat (LilyStryfe)
-Seperate hero balancing from PC (YamiHuss)
-Need permission to join group (LilyStryfe)
-Sliders for things like dead zones and magnetism (Flash)
-Custom bindable text chat messages (Wheels)
-Multiple pages of the command wheel, and more commands. (smackdown316)
-Group privacy settings like public or friends or invite only (Nazgrol)
-Show what mode your friends are playing in the friends list (earlizd1)
-ā€œCome in voice chatā€ in the communication wheel (JamieJGJ)
-The ability to change the spoken language without changing the text language (Purple) List of languages not supported on console overwatch: Polish, Italian, Russian, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, XB:Japanese, PS:German
-Share cosmetics between linked PC and console accounts (Danre)
-Ability to lower resolution for higher FPS (Galvantez)
-Be able to increase and decrease your sensitivity more (heyyVirus)
-Usable PS4 touchscreen swipe functions (Silawatsi)
-Option to separate friends list for Overwatch (KaitoKei)
-Be able to use the PC PTR, if we link our blizzard account (MercyForAll)
-Select region server before entering game (Eternity)
-Hide chat (BT160507)
-Our own section on the forums (Syirine)
-Customizable communication wheel (Eternity)
-Rebutton certain controls, like on the D-Pad (JamieJGJ)
-Be able to bind a control to holding or hitting a button twice (JamieJGJ)
-The ability for Console bans to be moderated and reviewed by devs (Dagmeyr)
-Option to disable the opening cinematic (JamieJGJ)
-Hold to Crossfade for Lucio (Eternity)

Post by Eternity about how console players are treated: us,forums,blizzard,com/en/overwatch/t/why-do-we-console-players-feel-like-2nd-class-citizens/354 (since I canā€™t have links yet, replaced dots with commas)

Blizzard is trying to ignore us, and thatā€™s not something a company who makes games, should ever do. The community is something you need to always keep in mind, ignoring them shows that you donā€™t want them, and thatā€™s a terrible thing for your community to think.

There are some suggestions that may not be up to date, or make much sense, since I donā€™t pay much attention to what happens in overwatch, since barely play anymore, if you see something that isnā€™t right, tell me so I can fix it.

This is a new post for a post from the old forums, the old post was created on August 10, and ended with 490 likes and 41 pages.

25 Likes

Welcome Biv,
Doing a great job. Keep at it :wink:

1 Like

A clarification for this bit might help. The Consoles themselves already support these languages, itā€™s just that Overwatch specifically doesnā€™t.

1 Like

MOST IMPORTANT MATCH NEW ACCOUNTS WITH NEW ACCOUNTS, AND , OLD WITH OLD ā€¦ in both PS4 and XBOX you can have unlimited accounds without paying for a new OW copy. Therefore thousands of SMURF accounts in que. I made a new one last week pumped it up to 2500SR and then destroyed my teamates games to test new heroes that droped me to 1400SR ā€¦ the smurf accounts in platform are phenomenal as in PC you need to pay for an extra OW coppy

1 Like

Itā€™s worth noting that an alternate account and a smurf are two entirely different things.

A user of an alternate account can and will get back to a similar rank as their main account. As a result, theyā€™re still playing at their skill level.

A smurf is a person that uses an alternate account to intentionally throw games in order to stomp those that are at a lower rank. As a result, theyā€™re clearly not playing at their skill level.

Other than that, this is one thing that is, for once, not on the fault of Blizzard in this regards. Thatā€™s all in the Consoleā€™s design.

Great list! Thanks for tracking these. My personal top priorities would be these simple QOL changes:

-Usable PS4 touchscreen swipe functions (Silawatsi)
Iā€™d love to move all the communication wheels to the touchpad, freeing up the D-pad for individual voice lines or other functions
-Be able to use the PC PTR, if we link our blizzard account (MercyForAll)
Useless for me because I have a Mac, but having more people on the PTR can never be a bad thing
-Our own section on the forums (Syirine)
YES PLEASE. I feel like console-oriented topics get buried almost immediately
-Customizable communication wheel (Eternity)
I want to move emotes off the main wheel so I never accidentally emote while trying to say ā€œThanksā€ (and then immediately get headshot) again
-Option to disable the opening cinematic (JamieJGJ)
Iā€™ve got the thing pretty well memorized at this point

Yes thank you then I meant ALLT ACC ā€¦
Here is a personal Example :
I made one 3 weeks ago, I pumped it up straight to 2600 SR after placement maches using my mains ā€¦ ONLY TO DROP IT AT 1400SR learning Zarya and Anna on the back of my other teammates , who were supporting me without me beeing able to perform even at 10% and thus I ruined the rank for everyone who was playing on his main account.
BLIZZ could force a NEW GAME PURCHASE for any new accounts on a single serial number console OR match new accounts with new and old with old,

Ignoring us is one of the worst things you could be doing in this situation, respond now Blizzard.

I literally have no idea why this one hasnā€™t been added. Even though itā€™s just an LFP section (Looking for Players), the EU Overwatch Forums has this around just fine! .-.
Proof: eu,battle,net/forums/en/overwatch/19369423/

We do have this though

Good point, and now that I look in more detail, this one is also already implemented, as long as youā€™ve bound the callout to a specific button:

There are also a few items on this list that I donā€™t understand (like, what speifically is wrong with the linear ramp dead zone?)

Honestly, what I think we should push for most is a console-specific subforum. Then, we could make separate threads for each issue instead of lumping everything together into ungainly megathreads in hopes of getting better visibility.

Linear ramp works though. The problem is that we have no deadzone adjustment of any kind and that is something that needs to be added ASAP.

1 Like

There are some suggestions that may not be up to date, or make much sense, since I donā€™t pay much attention to what happens in overwatch, since I havenā€™t played a real game of overwatch since November, if you see something that doesnā€™t make sense, tell me so I can fix it.

I took a longer look at the list, and most of the suggestions seem logical. Here are a handful I had questions/feedback on:

After a recent update, this one has been implemented, though it requires the individual callout to be bound to a button.

Which UI?

Definitely a good idea, but Iā€™m unclear on what ā€œmagnetismā€ means here (or is that a standard term that I just donā€™t know?)

Is this really necessary? The existing sensitivity sliders cover a pretty big range.

I may be wrong on this, but I was under the impression that there were no region-specific servers for console? Or is that the issue?

Which controls? I thought almost all controls could be custom-bound by now.

One suggestion Iā€™d like to add would be the ability to view your sensitivity curve in settings. All the new aim options they added last year can be confusing and arenā€™t explained in the game. Having a visual representation of the curve would help, I think.

There is a Control on PC thatā€™s called ā€˜Toggle UI.ā€™ Basically, it allows you to hide things like your HUD. This can allow clean screenshots to be taken without your UI (or HUD) interfering with anything, to name an example. Plus, it works just fine on PC, even if a person is using a Controller instead of M&K.

I can clarify this one to you (I did make that suggestion after all :yum:). Basically, the ability to allow us to change which region we play on (allowing us to play with people that are in the EU or in Asia). As of right now, thereā€™s no way to do this on Console. (I also am acknowledging that it is more difficult to implement; but it can be done). I know that doing so can affect a personā€™s ping, an in-game warning can be left in such a case to accommodate that.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarifications!

So on the server issue, what would be the reason for this? Iā€™ve seen several forum posts (on the old forums and Reddit) that seem to suggest that, for console, you can theoretically be matched with anyone from any region. You just usually get matched locally because of ping issues. So, if the reason was to play with friends in other regions, canā€™t you already do that by grouping up with them and suffering the resultant ping hit?

Sorry if Iā€™m totally misinterpreting this issue (and, obviously, Iā€™m no sysadmin so Iā€™m at least half talking out my bum here).

Note: hereā€™s one Reddit thread that mentions what Iā€™m talking about: reddit,com/r/Overwatch/comments/4lk0jk/experience_with_ps4_and_different_regions/

Essentially, the point of this Region Change suggestion is to allow us to select what region we so choose to play in.

For example, youā€™re in the US, but you want to play in the EU region? Go to Region Select, and choose Europe. Of course, there is no way to do this right now on Console for Overwatch, soā€¦

Please Blizzard.
Console players rejoice!

Blizzard, itā€™s really stupid to neglect part of the community like this, it needs to stop. Responding to console shouldnā€™t be that hard, if it is, youā€™re doing something wrong.

I donā€™t think I have been paying enough attention to this post, but thereā€™s not that much to say, everything has already been said, and weā€™re just waiting for Blizzard.

1 Like

I know, this is a large bump to give, but I digress.

Suggestion to add: Hold to Crossfade for Lucio
Comment: Itā€™s already on PC, and it works just fine even when a Controller is being used instead of M&K. I would know because I tested this myself.