Give us a way to earn 1 coin

Ever since 2022 Gingerbread Bastion skin everyone’s balance who bought it has been ending on a 9

It’s seriously aggravating and discourages me from making any future purchases.

For an adult with a dayjob I play a LOT with Overwatch 2, and even so in the almost 1,5 years of its release I only have played less than 5600 games according to my stats.

How is it not possible to give out 1 single coins for participation on a match finish, or even just every 2nd match finish?

This current reward system is technically flawed and discourages players from spending MONEY and TIME on the game

2 Likes

Well, well, well, if it isn’t the consequence of your own actions.

You wanted a thing, you saw what that thing cost, you understood what it would do to your balance, you clicked “purchase” anyway. I have no sympathy for you and if I, a girl with a kind and generous soul, have no sympathy for you, then I hardly doubt a huge multibillion dollar heartless, soulless corporation will.:pensive:

2 Likes

First off, the long-term consequences were in question as even back then there were promises of further changes in the monetization and reward system. Also it wasn’t that outlandish to assume that if they do this “skin for 1 coin” promotion once, they could do it again. The problem is that they didn’t, and didn’t provide any alternative way of earning coins than by the weekly challenges.

Second, just as a warning, this condescending “Holier-than-thou” tone you hit talks of something very different in your soul than generosity and kindness. I have no doubt about it that you are, but maybe don’t go around insulting people who have done nothing bad to you. Also I didn’t ask for your or Blizzard’s “sympathies”, I merely pointed out a flaw for them that is detrimental to their own business model. I don’t ask this for my own benefit, I suggested this so they don’t loose more customers than they already did.

You know blizzard doesn’t care about you defending them right

1 Like

Not necessarily true considering when you already own something in a bundle the price of the bundle is automatically discounted to a number that is usually not a multiple of 10.