Zygor Addon getting banned?

What’s blizzards stance on using the Zygor lvling addon

I saw that some YouTube vids saying addons had to be free and couldn’t be behind a pay wall.

Zygor says it says its free, its really just free for the trail… then the rest of addon is behind a pay wall of $10 a month

if I were to use this would I be at risk of being banned or is this just an addon creator thing?

You won’t be banned for using an addon that gets banned unless it’s used for exploiting something in game.

Blizzard would either sue the addon developers (or just send a cease and desist depending on how egregious it is) or break the APIs that the addon uses.

Zygor has been around for a while and you should honestly be fine.

That said, I’d recommend Azeroth Auto Pilot instead - same basic idea, but free.

2 Likes

see the sticky in this forum
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/ui-add-on-development-policy/24534

theyve gotten pretty explicit about it lately. ie you used to be able to charge for support, or charge for access to a web site where they offered more offline stuff, that sort of thing, but that text above is pretty explicit - no money for anything related to the addon.

it will probably depend on how much they annoy players and those players then report them to blizzard.

you wont get banned for using it no matter what as is not exploiting anything.
best case blizzard tell them to stop charging. worse case blizzard will just block their addon so it wont work in game.

there are other completely free alternatives out there for levelling

1 Like