Zskera Vaults are decent, collecting keys stinks

I have rather enjoyed my time inside the vaults. The little minigames are neat (some of them are boring, but some are kind of cool). Collecting the keys is really boring though. I really dislike rare farming as a form of wow content. I’d much rather just have the stuff inside the vaults be more interesting, more puzzle-like, etc., but key acquisition be really fast and trivial.

It’s something I would engage with a lot more often if it were set up that way. As it stands, though, I’m going to get exactly enough keys on every toon to get my ring maxed out, and then never touch it again, because I don’t like the rare farming loop.

I will give some credit for the rares having actual mechanics that aren’t completely identical though. Still don’t enjoy farming rares–particularly rares deep inside of catacombs.

19 Likes

Well said. I went inside once. I only did a few doors because I wasn’t about to farm the keys. Seems cool inside, but kill rares I will not. Didn’t help I had to solo rares on my realm taking me like 7 mins each, no thank you. Farming “keys” is just tedious and boring. So I wont be bothering with the ring on any character

8 Likes

Yeah, I did it once, because I couldn’t justify not doing it and hurting my raid team, but I haven’t gotten it on any alts yet for that reason.

Blizzard has a long history of requiring unfun content to access fun content. This feels like a missed opportunity to me. This could have been content worth doing just for the fun of it. But because the opportunity cost to access the fun, I just won’t access the fun. I’ll go do something else (perhaps in a different game) that doesn’t require a couple hours of boredom first. Really is a bummer.

3 Likes

I didn’t have a problem collecting keys. I hate the needing an item to get around the vaults thing. The items should be there after killing the spider. Not some random chance of finding them. I always get the teleporter thing that takes me random places, and it sucks.

1 Like

i feel like you just get gifted keys idk

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s the way it feels like to me. Everything on the island vomits keys at you.

I had 5 good rank 3 gems from week 1 (3 hps and 2 dps gems) but didn’t have the lightning stone.

Went to the island and kill a rare? Key. Open a box? Key. Loot a random mob? Key. Look at a bush? Key.

Got 7 keys in like 15 minutes went and opened doors for my last stone.

1 Like

I have a key, but I don’t know where the vaults are. Guess I should play more.

1 Like

Yeah, for someone who doesn’t really enjoy solo content (me) I kinda like the new area, the vault, and farming keys. It was pretty cool. Didn’t feel like it was too much, didn’t take too long to upgrade all my gems on my druid, was just kinda enjoyable.

1 Like

Me and the friends I run m+ with were shocked that we maxed out gems last week.

Scouring the internet incase they changed the max ranks to like 50 or something because we had just assumed “no way this is real”. Had left over things (idk the mats to upgrade) for the dps to swap off humming post nerf aswell.

Pretty solid island to spend a little time on before 10.1.

1 Like

Eh… farming keys was pretty awful.

Almost every rare is inside some form of cave and it is extremely obnoxious. Also 30 keys per week? Yuck.

Fortunately, you can get the gems and sufficient currency to be done in about 2 weeks.

I have no intention to ever go back. Not on my main and definitely not on alts.

It was a cool idea, but the 90:10 key farm to vault time spent ratio should’ve been inverted.

1 Like

to each their own

i spent like a half an hour getting keys and got my druid’s ring fully upgraded idk i didn’t feel like it took long at all. picked up some treasure, killed some rares, you just fly halfway down the rare caves anyway. wasn’t annoying to me

No need to farm rares, visit

and buy

which allows you to fly around and gather treasures that often contain keys.

I’m getting about 20 keys an hour that way.

8 Likes

Blizz shoulda made Keys craftable from another profession beside the JC

or maybe

one of these envoy quests rewards 10 keys instead of useless 400 rep and overflow you dont need.

at 2k a box though, you still gonna need to farm rares vs doing the daily that only gives 400

1 Like

The entire island is just one big, random loot pinata. I’m not really that impressed by the Vaults themselves, but I do like collecting stuff, so that part is easy enough I suppose.

1 Like

You get the currency for killing everything.

I literally have more of it than I know what to do with. Buy extra pets, I guess.

Go kill two rares to get started, that’s more than enough to buy it. Don’t want to kill rares? Go kill some regular mobs for it.

1 Like

The OP doesn’t want to do that though. just saying.

mage tower had currency too and that got removed later. I’m sure keys will be removed in 10.2 or 10.3 also.

What?

Keys are literally thrown at you from… everything.

You know you actually need to do something, anything in game to recieve a reward.

I’m convinced that people don’t actually play the game on GD. 99% of the complaints are so easily avoided by playing the game for 30 minutes.

2 Likes

I guess if you don’t want to play the game no one is forcing you to play it.