Zereth Mortis Flying Available March 15

So just to recap your position, you are saying MoP was a better system because we couldn’t fly in the final end game content zone, and we shouldn’t be able to fly in the Timeless Isle equivalent of Shadowlands, Zereth Mortis, either, is this correct?

If MoP has the superior system, then you would want to stick with it, correct?

I didn’t like Timeless Isle without flying but they did an excellent job of making items and areas where you could get around in an interesting way. Like the bird you could get on and get to higher areas. The little hacks to get to Ordos without the cape to get chests.

It was also the first version of the “little zone with rares” thing they keep doing, so it was more interesting than the 14th zone like that.

At this point they should really just unlock flying at max level and leave it there for the entire expansion, in all zones.

While I generally dislike flight all together (or at least how it was implemented in WoW), it is nice that there wasn’t some crazy requirements to unlock it. And finally all the crying about “jumping puzzles” can die out :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a bunch of 60’s parked at the haven inn just chilling and waiting after my rogue to complete the quest so they can flyyy!

Nope. ZM sucks and not bothering with flying or rares or anything there. I’ll stick to farm mounts and old content that’s good.

2 Likes

Goodbye Silver Shardhide Whistle, I will miss you. :cry:

1 Like

Hooray I can go back to Fae from Venythr. Bunch of alcoholic anima goths anyways…

Define clunky and obtuse. Please.

Korthia isn’t too bad but the maw is a pain without flying. I’d take flying in both zones though

1 Like

Went around and picked up the exile scrolls just last night so all I gotta do when the server comes up is do the new chapter. All the other stuff I got an accident playing chapter 1-5. I’ll be flyin’ soon! :smiley:

1 Like

The only good thing to come out of this zone. All the gear (even 242) has been a stat downgrade to all of my toons.

1 Like

Me too. I have no reason to go there. All of the gear (up to 242) has been a big stat downgrade to my mastery and haste with only adding a few points to intel.

Timeless Isle no flying is why I didn’t stick around for WoD. I still get the willies when I have to go there to turn in timewalking quests, it is like nails on chalkboard seeing that place.

2 Likes

Thanks… was pretty sure we were all going to die having to ride on ground mounts. It was touch and go for most of us. Worse than most tragedies in the world right now.

1 Like

Can’t wait until I can get to that one treasure that eludes me because I suck at jumping.

1 Like

the quest “against all odds” says slay members of the horde in shadowlands, and you get credit for it when you kill horde in zerith mortis.
therefore making zerith mortis part of the shadowlands.

geeze

Why even design the new zone with jump puzzles and hidden chests and areas if you just invalidate the entire thing after a month? More no-fly zones are needed in this game.

You can play a phone game if you want puzzles, especially if it means keeping flying out of the game. What a trade off.

1 Like

you had a month to figure out how to get them - how much entertainment is there after you get them a couple of times?

2 Likes