Zelda Breath of the Wild

Anybody play this game? Might get a switch for my kids this Xmas and was thinking of trying this game. Any opinions on it are welcomed.

It’s a pretty good game. Better vanilla wow experience than Classic is tbh.

Don’t you mean “Gift of the Wild”?

thats what I was wondering. Does it scratch the same kind of itch that WoW does?

It’s fun at the beginning but has no endgame, a very small amount of dungeons, and you become OP quickly.

1 Like

It has all the adventure, epic exploration, boss battles and loot that wow has, but gets rid of the toxic aspects of the community. It also has Sidon.

3 Likes

I like being OP

It’s a great game. Depending on what you like it could provide many hours of game time.

2 Likes

thank you Dot!

1 Like

You become OP quickly in all the zelda games TBH lol.

@OP,
If you’re a zelda fan or buying for a zelda fan, it’s a fantastic game and you shouldn’t be disappointed. For me personally I rank it #2 in my top zelda games. #1 for me is Link to the Past :wink:

It’s a Zelda game, so that’s not really the point. It’s about exploration and story.

I’ve only played one Zelda game before on the Wii. It was pretty great as I remember.

I like being OP because I’m a pretty bad gamer.

1 Like

it’s a zelda game with dark souls esque fights, weapons and shields that take damage and break (and can’t be repaired), with hordes of mini 3 minute dungeons and lacking the longer style dungeons that made the franchise what it was.

despite all this, it was a very good game, but yeah, i missed real dungeons and hope the sequel brings them back.

Haven’t played it - but from what I’ve read its the best Zelda since the N64 one. Mario Odyssey is fantastic too. Both games got rave reviews.

I got bored of it in about 5 hours. It didn’t feel like Zelda at all.

Kids wouldn’t know the difference though so they might enjoy it.

1 Like

it was zelda meets dark souls meets sand box. it had its goods and bads, but yeah, i agree completely about it not quite having that standard zelda feel that i grew up loving.

Perhaps it is my fault for having expectations of what a Zelda game is. I might have even enjoyed it a lot if it had any name other than Zelda.

1 Like

I’m a huge fan of all the Souls games and Bloodborne so would enjoy that element.

Souls games are my all time favorites, particularity Bloodborne

I STRONGLY recommend Zelda: Links Awakening for the Switch. Its a remake of an old gameboy game, and easily on par w/ the Super Nintendo Zelda. It has two modes (Easy / Hard). Very fun game. Lots of little secrets that keep me playing it.

definitely agree with you there. i’m not sure i’m gonna buy the sequel (unless they announce ACTUAL dungeons).