Zandalari Still not Nerfed

Unless a Ret is running Selfless healer they will run out of mana before getting full HP

Is that why Kul’tiran’s have the better racials :thinking:

You might legitimately be insane.

…unless you’re talking about the Mag’har. But then again, we’re only talking about a sub-standard offensive racial.

…as opposed to…say…escape artist.

As far as I am able to tell, Blizz cares as much about balance in any regard as they do the man in the moon.

Look no further than DH’s, who are basically just gift wrapped win handed to whoever wants to roll them for proof Blizz just honestly doesn’t care.

What person from Blizzard assured you of that?

Otherwise, it is just some dude saying stuff.

I have a legitimate understanding of how game mechanics and racials have always played out.

I’m still waiting for a genuine example of how overpowered Regeneratin’ and Embrace are from you, and how it’s overpowered compared to what already exists in the game already.

Enough complaining about Horde Allied Race Racials when Alliance already have three and soon four insanely strong options.

Makes sense, most people crying for a nerf probably can’t.

1 Like

What exactly is better for the Kul Tirans than the Zandalari Trolls? Or compared to the rest of the Horde?

2% of all damage dealt healed to you is not nearly as powerful as people keep pretending that it is.

[Brush It Off] Kul Tiran Racial
Increases Versatility by 1%. When you take damage, heal for 2% of that amount over 4 sec.

This effects happens when any damage is dealt. So I could suffer 10,000 damage one hit, start healing, but then a minor hit like 8000 will hit. It will overwrite the 10,000 and thus I’m getting a minimal amount of healing back. This racial isn’t even NEARLY as powerful as folk keeps pretending it to be.

10,000 is only 200 health healed.
Take the 8,000 damage now we’re only getting healed for 160.

Lets take a better idea of a hit you may suffer in current content. Jadefire Masters: Unleashed Embers (LFR) deals 27,811 damage to you. 2% of that is 556…

[Haymaker] Kul Tiran Racial
6 yd range
1 sec cast - 2.5 min cooldown

Wind up, then unleash your might upon your foe, dealing X Physical damage, stunning for 3 sec, and knocking them back substantially.

Currently his acts like a varied version of the Pandaren racial. A single target CC stun but deals minor damage and is said to do a knockback effect. But currently it does not push Players back. In PvE it helps but the stun is brief much like a Tauren’s Warstomp.

2 Likes

You could make Alliance racials busted and it wouldn’t fix the faction imbalance. Unfixable at this point. #MergeTheFactions

2 Likes

I wouldn’t want to play with you either.

That racial will be op in that one bg especially coming from a rogue or druid.

A permanent skill less 2% DR on top of a passive 1% increase to Versatility is insane as a racial.

Except that isn’t how the effect works, it builds on, like how a Fire Mages Ignite works. Meaning as long as you stay alive you will always regenerate the 2% from each source of damage.

Okay, let’s now use numbers for content that actually matters.

Mythic Grong, the rank 1 kill in terms of fight execution was taking 220,000 DTPS (Damage Taken per Second) as a group, the average for Healers and DPS was roughly 11,000DTPS.

Now using that big brain of yours 2% of that 11,000DTPS would be mitigated, equating to 220 throughout the entirety of the fight. Which would be about 50k for each person, and roughly 200k for tanks. Not to mention the extra Versatility

As what’s suppose to be an inactive passive that doesn’t impede rotation or movement that is incredibly strong given they have sidewinder, and a further 1% DR to Nature and Frost Damage.

Very good considering it gives classes that don’t have single target stuns or knock backs the potential to have one.

In PvP this is largely better due to the knock back, in PvE it allows players to cry a gap between a potential threat, useful for tanks trying to kite, some Kul’tiran’s classes lack single target stuns and for ones that don’t having a second one is awesome.

3 Likes

Counter point; Diminishing returns.
There’s only so many stuns one can inflict. While Kidney Shot might be on CD. One has to be wary. There is uses for it but best effective to melee classes. Its more of an escape mechanic for other classes.

Its not nearly as OP. Especially since its a single target, 1 second cast, 6 yard range, on a 150 second cooldown. It will only deal damage if the DR’s don’t take over and I see this racial being a last resort if other CC options are on Cooldown.

The details for this still does not have the same impact as damage will always overwrite the amount of healing. The numbers all account for 2% healing. Yes, you’ll get a form of healing no matter what especially on fights that do have AoE pulses. Or a raid-wide dot. But that doesn’t amount to any other damage taken that over rights it. There’s tons of variables that is ignored here. From the adds that may hit you, to additional damage elsewhere.

You could say the same with the Azerite armor traits that provide the same impact. Such as the one trait that heals you every second for a straight amount for as long as you’re moving. Could you really claim OP status?

You’re also forgetting is over a span of 4 seconds. which means: You’re only being healed for 55 health every second.

This effect in its current forms operates like Echo of Light from the Holy Priest’s Mastery. Where any form of healing overwrites one another. Its typically discouraged to heal the same target twice if you got a stronger heal off to maximize Echo of Light.

1 Like

It stacked with itself when I tested it upon it’s drop on the PTR.

Also, Echo of Light does stack with itself.

Nothing is going to make the damage get “overwritten”.

1 Like

lol I always use the last 2 slots of my action bar - and = for my interrupts if I have 2 and I have my mouse wheel key binded to them up and down. I have taught my roomate to do the same

Hmm alliance gets passive mitigation which they don’t need to do anything vs horde which is very easy to mess up and will hardly ever get the 6 seconds off in real scenarios?.. I would gladly switch racials with the Kultirans for regeneratin.

2 Likes

/thread

Regenerating isn’t overpowered at all. You could flick a pebble at them and it’ll break.

Really the only true problem is it doesn’t play the jingle like Zul’jin’s does on HoTS.

2 Likes

I guess, my only real question left is…

If/when we find out that the ZTrolls actually are completely OP, what is it going to take to convince the pro-horde posters in this thread that they are actually OP and that there is a massive, massive problem going on that the ZTrolls will only help make worse?

4 Likes

Feels like the prelude to Horde is favorite post if you ask me. Dark Iron dwarf racial’s seem OP to me. Straight % buffs to damage vs on use like beserker or arcane BE racial’s constantly pushed back on timers seem better to me as well.

I’d prefer they do away with all the racial abilities and do similar loa buffs for everyone. Then nobody would complain and nobody would be considered favorite. Do away with an old concept that clearly insinuates impartial advantages.

2 Likes

When you can scrounge up any evidence to actually back up that it’s OP.

2 Likes