Zandalari Recruitment Scenario Feedback

(Maziodyne) #1

I just finished playing through the Zandalari recruitment scenario. And I really liked it for the most part! I think it’s reasonable for the Zandalari to still not be 100% on board with the Horde. I thought the trials of the loa were great and I appreciated how they were Talanji’s trials and my character wasn’t asked to do them for her.

But, I have one major issue. Rastakahn in this scenario in game has been dead for a week or two at best? You’d think people would still be mourning him or at least have some courtesy not to speak ill of the dead. But, you wouldn’t think that from half the dialogue of the new council and Talanji.

It’s not ‘my father was a great man, but he made many mistakes in his arrogance. I will learn from his errors.’ There’s so many lines that just straight out call him an idiot and a moron while praising Talanji.

I feel like that kind of dialogue makes it feel like no one even liked Rastakahn and it feels especially callous coming from the supposedly wise Talanji that she’s so caught up in her own hype that she isn’t even trying to be careful not to make the mistakes of the past. It also feels really awkward for her to be talking trash about her father when he hasn’t been dead for that long? I know they had their conflict, but they did still seem to care about each other.

I also disliked a lot of the dialogue from the priests. It doesn’t make a lot of sense for them to go ‘I shouldn’t have distrusted Talanji’ just from you beating them up. Maybe something along the lines of ‘She deserves a chance to prove herself’?

(Maljinwo) #2

I’m afraid Blizzard threw Rastakhan under the rug to make way for Talanji, like they have already done to many troll characters at this point.

While I like her, it’s obvious they want to present Talanji as the perfect, wise, super brave, strong and independent Queen that needs no Horde

Also, can we talk how Rokhan is barely involved when he was the main Horde character that supported Talanji?

(Etheldald) #3

i am not surprised,talanji is on the loading screen after all, they never intended to keep rasthakan.

unrelated question but are both scenarios unlocked already?
because i see nothing on boralus u.u

Hello I wanted to write down and share the concerns from friend and mine as well, over the Zandalari recruitment scenario. It was quite good for the most part! I think it’s reasonable for the Zandalari to still not be 100% on board with the Horde. I thought the trials of the loa were great and I appreciated how they were Talanji’s trials and my character wasn’t asked to do them for her.

But, I have one major issue. Rastakahn in this scenario in game has been dead for a week or two at best? You’d think people would still be mourning him or at least have some courtesy not to speak ill of the dead. But, you wouldn’t think that from half the dialogue of the new council and Talanji.

It’s not ‘my father was a great man, but he made many mistakes in his arrogance. I will learn from his errors.’ There’s so many lines that just straight out call him an idiot and a moron while praising Talanji.

I feel like that kind of dialogue makes it feel like no one even liked Rastakhan and it feels especially callous coming from the supposedly wise Talanji that she’s so caught up in her own hype that she isn’t even trying to be careful not to make the mistakes of the past. It also feels really awkward for her to be talking trash about her father when he hasn’t been dead for that long? I know they had their conflict, but they did still seem to care about each other.

I also disliked a lot of the dialogue from the priests. It doesn’t make a lot of sense for them to go ‘I shouldn’t have distrusted Talanji’ just from you beating them up. Maybe something along the lines of ‘She deserves a chance to prove herself’?

Please think about it once more. It’s actually a huge disservice for everyone there. But I think it’s leaveing even worse taste in the mouth in regards of Talanji herself.
As someone who actually loved her father, as someone who tried to save him and who did praise him for years for good govern this isn’t right.
It’s also irking that other trolls were behaving ths way. After all majority of the empire was loyal to Rastakhan for a reason . He was governing Zandalar for 200 years and he was blessed by Rezan - idiot wouldn’t last this long and be this favored. Talanji for supposed wise leader shouldn’t immediately think highly of herself since her journey just began. if she knew that her father was doing well for so many years but it’s the last period of his reign where he made glaring mistakes shouldn’t she also be alarmed that traps can be found everywhere and she needs to be cautious when she has this big responsibility?

So let me emphasise once more a huge request to tone down the dialoges and show some respect to the fallen emperor just like it was on his funeral.
Talanji attitude of being respectful to her father by emphasising that there are many dangers for ruler, and that ruler should never put down his guard even after having lots of acomplishments would make much better change, and make the player respect everyone instead of being annoyed by tasteless pandering.

Remember, Rastakhan’s last moments were about defending his empire. He did tried to fix his errors.

(Maziodyne) #5

Yeah, they’re unlocked. If you’re caught up on the main server war campaign-wise and have the other requirements, all you need to do is do the last war campaign mission that leads into the raid on your copied character.

That’ll let you access the recruitment scenario in the embassy.

(Etheldald) #6

well… then there must be something wrong because there is no mission at the embassy or in the boat and i already have the requirements.
the only mission that i have right now is go to the raid.
thanks anyway.

(Maelfarion) #7

Agreed. He has been king for so long that there is no way people wouldn’t be mourning for days, possibly even weeks. I’m mainly disappointed that after all this time he is killed off when we finally get to be around him. Talanji is lame.

(Svenska) #8

If you made a kul tiran at all on your test account before doing the unlock scenario you’re screwed.

It’s nowhere to be seen and the very first thing I’d done was make a baby kul tiran.

They should have made it so that you had to unlock them first, rather than them being unlocked by default.

(Smig) #9

Sounds like more ham fisted attempts to force feed us Talanji. Rhastakhan was awesome in retakeing Dazar’alor. So far he was the only character that was interesting and showed constructive growth on the horde during the xpac.