You've Made Too Many Attempts

Hi there,

I kept getting disconnected when launching the game from Battle.net so I thought I’d relog on Battle.net to see if that fixed it. Now it says I’ve made too many attempts – thinking my account was locked, as a result, I went to login problems – got the code sent to my email – it claims the account was unlocked and I can now access… but it just says “You’ve Made Too Many Attempts” still.

Can’t login to WoW, Battle.net (app or website) – nothing – suspect forums are still only working because I was logged in already.

I just got this issue as well hope I can fix it.

Experiencing this as well (for the second time). Makes it really hard to play the game when you can’t even log in for raid night =/

Previous time I went through CS and basically was just told to wait. Can we get some idea of what’s causing this? For instance, I’m on the beta launcher (and that’s when this started happening) and I noticed that my news feed on the launcher always seems broken. Could it be the launcher is trying to resync constantly and causes a too many attempts error?

I have the same problem, after a hour I can login again, but blizzard should check why this is happening is very anoying…

This has recently started happening to me as well. No idea how to fix it, I enter password, do the little “verify you are not a bot” puzzles, only to have it tell me I have made too many attempts and then Im locked out for about 30 mins to an hour. Just started playing WoW and really liking it so far but this is getting a little annoying.

This happened when I was on a VPN, but could also be a problem with the DNS. You could try changing to Google’s or Cloudflare’s instead (8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1).

1 Like