Your Two Cents on Shadowlands?

My 2 cents? It sucks. The balance is terrible, covenants turned out almost exactly like people like me and preach predicted (the only thing that didnt happen like we thought was the insane anima grind), classes were basically ignored and not improved through alpha and beta, loot was nerfed to near non-existence just because we forced them to give up their precious rng mechanic when loot drops were just as plentiful before rng gear power was added, the balance is atrocious.

I could keep going but you dont want people to ramble. All in all, I’m tired of paying to be ignored, lied to, and forgotten. If they want me back, they better take their heads out of their butts and start treating us like people instead of wallets.

7 Likes

To be polite about it, really nothing about this expac is appealing to me. For me, personally, it is easily the worst expansion ever made.

I would be more specific but it would be such a long post.

I am happy for those of you who enjoy SL. I just don’t. And it’s so weird because I thought I would love it.

7 Likes

Not a fan of the time it takes to travel between “continents” and I think that the item level that drops at the end of mythic plus should reflect the difficulty of that content, I could live with the drop rate but the difficulty to reward disparity hurts my soul.

The leveling for low level and 50+ alts is superb, without a doubt the best leveling alts has ever been.

Covenants are fun, the campaigns were great other than ardenweald, that one felt like a chain of quest that were the beginning quest for different versions of the campaign quest. I didn’t feel closure with the gay reindeer, and did we totally forget about the night warrior?

Raids and m+ are everything the forums say they are so we will move on.

I feel like the overall expansion is decent with really high points, but there are parts that are so broken its a little too much. However they said they are looking into the rewards for m+ and they have been working on the tuning so we will see if they come through on a rough start.

Choreghast and the Maw are the worst mindless grind I’ve ever experienced; even Molten Front was more engaging. Yes, I mean it.

2 Likes

Also some of the world quest were fun but I hate the amount of npcs follow you around. Every time I try to click on something they walk in front of it…

Sub runs out in 5 days. May have played 3 days worth this month, maybe. Our whole group quit. Some of us are waiting for TBC. Some of us are done done.

Retail just doesnt captivate us anymore.

1 Like

This is why I don’t get hyped about games until I see the final product.

The content I have done I like, I am halfway through Maldraxxus. Not crazy about the lack of a skip for the maw intro.

I love the aesthetics, zones, races, etc.
The expansion overall is shaping up to be one of my favorites.

The lack of anima can be tedious, but that’s just how it goes.

Overall really solid expansion but the class balance just sucks so bad in every aspect of the game. Blizzard spent WAY too much time trying to come up with all this fancy new stuff (covenants, soulbinds, conduits, legendaries, etc) that they should have put into balancing specs to be viable in raids, PVP, and mythic dungeons.

We don’t need a billion ways to set our characters up, we just need ONE that actually works

its fun when you are drunk, and have anima to unlock content with, other than that meh.

shadowlands would be good if it had legion and bfas loot

1 Like

The following opinion is from a non-raider. Long story but I can’t do it.

Fun the first time through. Got one lvl 60 per faction. After that, not as enjoyable.

The WQ grind starting only hours of starting from lvl 50 is just silly and I by no means went out of my way to speed up leveling.

The wash, rinse and repeat as needed method of game play has alway been WoW’s core mechanic but in SL the system is on a roid rage. Work work work for a couple of nuggets of anima kills the fun pretty fast.

You would think getting those tributes would reward some anima but they don’t. Once you get all the good stuff you get greys worth lots of money and money isn’t in short supply

1 Like

It was great the first couple Weeks but slowly started to come to a meh after everything wore off. Not really feeling a reason to play until the next Patch comes so I haven’t really done much Shadowlands stuff since then.

1 Like