Your RP: The Good

What up demons, its me, ya boi.

So to try and lighten the mood here in the time of the Betalands, I decided to create a thread where instead of worrying about finding RP/how to RP, we talk about the RP we have/are currently enjoying. It can be WoW, Final Fantasy, DnD…whatever you’ve been doing lately and want to share, let’s hear it.

All I ask, of course, is to be respectful of others and let the good times roll.

To start, I’ll lead with my tale of my first DnD session ever.

I rolled up a gnoll shaman in a WoW setting that’s out to avenge his tribe after coming back from a spiritual retreat and finding it destroyed. Upon discovering the offending furbolgs have also been slain, he sought to find those who killed the furbolgs and ended up joining them to find out who or what turned them evil.

He ended up being a decent asset thus far, taking down quite a few foes on his own, and providing memorable taunts (and a headache to the DM when I decided to use my stun totem to make a miniboss essentially a minor bump in the road).

What about you guys? Share your stories as they are going on/have went on.

8 Likes

I’ve been RPing with an old RP friend from… way back when I started on WrA (2012). We’ve communicated in a fairly stable way since then, with some periods of not talking and such due to real life and whatnot. But I digress! Back to my original point: It’s been fun. I can explore character plots and relationships I otherwise wouldn’t because I don’t know/don’t trust the other person/people enough.

Nyr (this boy I’m posting on here) has also gotten back into doing ‘Nyr things’ (as I call them), so I’m waiting for the inevitable random person to go and try to chop his head off (literally or otherwise).

I’ve also thought about exploring the possibilities of putting together a sort of singles night mixer event sort of thing in Stormwind on one of my more people-orientated characters, but we’ll see how that goes. OOC obligations, especially right now, are far too time consuming at the moment to enable me to do anything of the sort.

4 Likes

I have been pretty inactive the last few months due to some IRL stuff but I’m finally on a bit of a break so decided to break into Classic. I went to two public RP events in the Barrens this week. I was just a fly on the wall watching the shenanigans but sometimes just being a fly on the wall is more than enough for me tbh and I enjoyed myself :slight_smile:

Curious what the RP on BB will look like when TBC launches.

6 Likes

I’ve lost my touch when it comes to RP.

Most nights I sit alone in the Wyvern’s Tail. The only story I have now for Rhonako is the story I’ve made up for her that I intentionally timegate.

Outside of my guild, I don’t really roleplay with anyone.

2 Likes

I have advanced into simulating Warcraft space lore in entirely different games and genres which is sort of like RP

https://i.imgur.com/waBwG2V.jpg

4 Likes

I really wish someone would make a portrait mod for the Burning Legion. There’s a Halo one and the Covenant portraits are fantastic.

3 Likes

I searched for a Draenei mod but couldn’t find one, this was the best I could do

https://i.imgur.com/6Qqe39K.jpg

Still better than my goblins though…

https://i.imgur.com/Hsd5F45.jpg

Small and green, that’s good enough, right??

3 Likes

Not trying to promote it per say, but I am really enjoying the Year of the Scourge campaign. There events weekly and one advancing story, separated into Chapters, from January spanning until December of 2021. Its the most immersive thing I have ever experienced in my 6 years of role-playing.

6 Likes

I did an Argus playthrough one time. Like if the Burning Legion never came and it was just science-y Eredar colonizing the galaxy.

I also did an Anduin-lead United Azeroth one time.

2 Likes

sceeching intensifies

1 Like

If it makes you feel better I took the Syncretic Evolution origin and had orcs as my 2nd species :rofl:

1 Like

:C
I have tried to catch you from time to time but it’s rare.

1 Like

–That probably would’ve been more appropriate to post on my Horde toon.

Whoops. Big reveal, I guess.

1 Like

Recently I started a D&D West Marches discord that’s play-by-post. Everyone seems to be enjoying it thus far… or so they say. Everyone’s taking a real laid-back approach to things, but I have to doubt myself at every turn. So, most of the time I’m worried that I haven’t put enough stuff in the server for people to do.

RP wise on WoW? It’s pretty dead for me. All of my profiles got wiped and I only had a partial backup for like… two characters, because I have square brain. Then my guild disbands.

I’ve also been trying to figure out a way to RP my bard again. I had so much fun with him, but there’s not many places where I can RP a changeling.

1 Like

I’ve enjoyed reading you guys and your good times. Its made my work week a little better.

@Rhonako, it sounds like someone’s trying to RP with you now so that might help you rebuild that touch. Given I haven’t RP’d since WoD, I can honestly say my best advice (with a grain of salt) is to change it up. Try another character. If you aren’t having fun on one, swap to the other and have that fun. Beyond that, I hope you find what you’re needing for RP.