Your perfect MMO? What elements would it contain?

“pubg with stats”

A constant stream of new players and people leveling alts so that you can find a pug for any dungeon you want. (I know this is out of the game’s control but its why vanilla was so great)

4 Likes

I’ve run groups similar. I was the tank, as a rogue. It worked, because we were smart about pulling.

1 Like

So many people don’t realize that in classic you don’t need a real warrior/druid “tank” for leveling dungeons.

If you have a non-cloth dps on the higher side of the level requirements they can tank no problem. I’ve used rogues, shamans, and hunter pets with no issue.

2 Likes

I believe literally any class can tank, low levels. Just have to be able to hold threat. The hp difference isn’t a lot. And, you don’t have all your defense abilities. Definitely prefer a real tank, though. : )

1 Like

My perfect MMO would have cute catboy neko healers.

1 Like

Perfect MMORPG in my opinion.

1. Graphics classic above(graphics not end all be all)

2. How world feels connected in WoW

3. Larger world. As very massive about 50 to 100 times large than wow. Each server world is is different landscapes using more advanced than no man sky tech.

4. Professions 100s from a selection of secondary and primary. Limited amount per player very hard to switch. It go off some trainers and others.
    Example of secondary wood cut.
    Primary wood work.

5. 5e DnD rule set on character builds, races, and classes.

6. No factions only guilds(you build), governments(kingdoms), family heritage houses, and bandits.

7. WPvP like classic. Have consequences depending. Bare fist bar fight not big deal losers will wake in a inn with debuff of hangover. Attacking ppl in cities, controlled areas, and other public areas could result in kos/bounties, In that area or control location on all that is part of your grp/guild. In the wild the adventure can give information on what you look like. A bounty will be placed.
    If it’s a mutual hatred for each other or groups nothing will be done as long as it’s not in a controlled area.

8. World is massive and take days to travel. Bots with AI will travel for you for a day or two. Actual camps made and when you log out an AI bot will do dialogue that you choose and what to you do. Your toon never truly logs out.

9. All npc will have advanced AI. As in sleep, eat, gossip of local things, work, and whatever else.

10. World also would have a under ground.

11. Subscription fee no pay to win.

12. AH will be separated per region and different currency per region. It will go up and down in currency values per region.

13. If you die in the game. The enemy receives 10% gold on your guy(use banks) and one random item in your bag(nothing that is equipped). You will wake up at nearest inn or camp of adventures that mean you no harm will state they found you on the road or something. You will have chance to report what happened.
    For enemy play they have a choice of killing you(might result in a bounty) or just knocking you unconscious (only get 5% gold not item but no bounty).

14. Raids are one difficulty but only 5 to 15 ppl and dungeons will be 1 to 5 depending on difficulty. It will be hard to find players and dungeons/raids In you region. they will moved depending on how many players defeated it. It will move to new hideouts about 8 to 16 different locations. Region bosses. A region will be 2 times larger than world of WoW world.

15. Mounts ground only. Fast travel limited unless some cities have an alliance or trade route.

16. Max lvl 15 Like dnd 5e.first 3 lvl will be spent in a school in your races city.
    Every time lvl you will go back to your school house or training area. At lvl 10 cap unless. You find certain requirements and secrets each one is random selected per toon (hints will be given in gossips or tablets). Each lvl will increase in difficulty. 11 hard, 12 very hard and so fourth.

17. High ground provides more damage.

So, like a mixture of BG3, classic wow, ultima online, and Everquest.

2 Likes

TBC + rated BGS. I’d probably vote WOTLK if they didn’t butcher the final tier of Warlock Armor. That’s an unforgivable atrocity.

I LOVE this idea!

“Youre perfect MMO…”

Classic +

I think my perfect MMO would be a mix of game and sever ideas. I also was an Everquest gamer back in 1999 and I played P1999 from 2009-2019. Some of my very favorite MMO qualities come from that game.

• Death has consequence: One if my favorite things about EQ was that genuine fear of dying. Banding together with your friends to try and get back deep into a dungeon to retrieve your corpse while totally naked. The fear of losing experience. The long corpse runs if you forgot to bind. Those things really had a lot to the social aspect of the game for me.

• More specific character niches: Another thing I loved about EverQuest, was the types of character roles that existed. Part of that was fighting mobs that hit way harder and had way more HP, but roles like the Enchanter class were really neat to me. One thing I don’t like about WoW, is how you can speed run a raid with 28 Warriors. Class composition isn’t important for any reason other than efficiency. It’s not a required element.

• A role play specific server: Once again I’m going to reference EverQuest. I don’t remember when it opened, maybe 2002, but at some point EverQuest released a role play server with some really unique rules. There were no such thing as BoP items. Everything but epic weapons were tradable. My favorite thing about this server was the 1 character limit. Sure, you could buy a second account, but in general, most people played their 1 account and their 1 character. Being unable to make alts created a really unique attunement to your character. It really gave you and your character an identity and I loved that.

• A good mix of instanced and open world raiding: WoW does this to some degree, however I’d like to see world bosses that were more coveted. I like that there are instanced raids, but I’d like to see way more world raiding where people had to compete and engage in big pvp battles to kill a dragon.

• Graphics on par with ESO: While ESO isn’t a great game (imo) it does have a graphical style that I think is absolutely perfect. The character models, the scenery…it’s all excellent.

• Character progression beyond max level: Lots of people hated the invention of AA’s in EverQuest, however I really enjoyed having something to work on even after you hit Max level. Granted there are trade skills and factions to work on, but that is somehow less satisfying than spending 3 advancement points on some really cool ability. I think it might be cool if the abilities were not game breaking, kindof like trinkets. Just neat things to work toward

• A class design similar to Guild Wars or ESO: I really like the idea that you can play say a Templar in ESO, then spec him into plate armor and a shield and he’s like a Paladin, or you can spec him like a priest, or a battle mage. Obviously WoW does this to some degree with talents, however I really like how these other games have done it in a much less linear way. Being able to literally design your character in whatever way you want is really neat to me. Basically exactly how your character development is done in games like Skyrim.

no levels, player-made economy.

I like the way u think my dude. I dont like the min max culture.

Also to answer OP i would like a 40k warhammer mmo with vanilla wow qaulity (not classic)

Imagine instead of hunters you got space marine or chaos marines with heavy bolters.
for rogues or another dps class u get raptors or space marine with jetpacks.
Imagine orgyran tanks or tech priest healers (sorry i dont know much about 40k)
Also of course with beautiful graphics. Maybe some gore or dismemberment.
Would like balanced pvp servers. Would like all classes/talents to be viable and as balanced as possible.
Would like a pvp mode where gear matters and a pvp mode where it dosnt kind of like destiny.
Imagine the potential for a 40k mmo. Eldar, Orcs, Chaos, Imperial gaurd, Necron etc…
Also lots of admins and game masters or w/e thier called. And a very strong anti cheat system. Ban gold buyers and sellers and gold bots.

1 Like

Sounds like the game SCUM on steam to me, not exactly, but similar.

Graphics/Art Direction

• Sits somewhere between WoW and Fable 2/Fable 3 stylistically
  • Mild cartoon flair, exaggerated but not quite as exaggerated as Warcraft
  • Takes advantage of modern hardware where possible, but makes it a toggle.
    For example, full raytraced lighting and shadows would be available to players with the appropriate hardware, but resource-conserving baked lighting that also looks quite good would be the default

World

• Major focal point of the game
  • Everything is on one gigantic, seamless map — even other continents.
    Would be possible to swim to other continents and islands, should a player somehow have the patience required to do so
  • Continents are huge, potentially large enough for entire regions to be hosted on a single server
  • Would have various light to moderate sandbox elements to allow players to make a lasting impact
  • No zone ever truly loses its relevance
  • Some zones have pockets that are more dangerous than their surroundings, demanding a higher level of skill from players. These pockets keep their difficulty regardless of level.

Gameplay

• Instanced content focused around long-form 5/6-player dungeons that can easily be saved and resumed to accommodate players with limited schedules
  • Relaxed competitive element — less cutting edge mythic raiding and arenas, more D&D/Breath of the Wild with friends
  • Main PvP comes in the form of battles between guilds in No Man’s Land zones, where guilds can build outposts and towns.
  • In PvP, gaps in gear power is greatly diminished, putting more emphasis on strategy and group composition
  • Robust gathering and crafting systems, with both being activities that require active thought and involvement from the player

Player-made content

• Crafters will be able to design the visual components of their items, should they choose to
  • Designs can be sold standalone to crafters who opt to not design their own items
  • Similar to Warcraft III and Starcraft II, map editor tools would be made available to the public
  • Game has something similar to Starcraft II’s Arcade Mode, allowing players to try quests and maps made by fellow players
  • Arcade Mode would come with a ranking system, with popular creators enjoying periodic payouts for their efforts
  • The highest quality Arcade Mode entries would be bought from the creators, polished, and included in the main game
  • Creators who consistently produce high quality entries could eventually be hired

Misc

• Employs a “rolling release” model that eschews expansion packs for a slightly more expensive subscription fee and a constant, never-ending stream of game additions and changes
  1. FFXIV storytelling. Mainly that the PC is the center of the story. I play RPGs to be the protagonist, not sit in the back seat and watch whatever character the writer made be the one doing all the things.

2. SWTOR’s dialogue wheel for cutscenes. Give the players some level of freedom to react to major events in their own way.

3. FFXIV’s Housing. I like having a sort of home base that I have the freedom to decorate how I see fit.

4. FFXIV’s Profession system. This could tie into Housing to give Professions something other than “make a better sword” each expansion.

5. SWTOR’s Companions. Having a reasonably powered NPC that we grow attached to would add a little flavor to the world.

6. WOW’s PVP. While not in a great spot since MOP (imo), it’s still a lot better than other MMOs I’ve played. I especially like BGs that aren’t just Team Deathmatch.

7. WOW’s Class themes. Disregarding the balance and mechanics of the classes, the overall themes and aesthetic of the classes are pretty decent. I would like to see them more expanded on to include the cultural themes of the race you choose.

8. FFXIV’s ability rotations. I’m not a fan of abilities only working off a proc. Trinkets proc’ing some extra stats are fine, but I don’t like “Cast X until you proc Y in order to cast Z”.

9. WOW’s Race selection. Most other MMOs just have humans with different skin colors and smaller additions tacked on. Being able to pick a race like a Tauren or Troll is something I don’t see in many other games. I would keep the Racial Abilities that WOW does as well but would have them disabled in the high-end content like Raids and Rated PVP.

10. FFXIV’s spell effects. The flair and spectacle of the animations for even just stabbing things with a spear in FFXIV is a nice bit of eye candy.

11. WOW’s Transmog system. While I do like FFXIV’s Glamour Plates, I don’t like that you have a 400-slot inventory to save appearances. I like that WOW’s Wardrobe permanently unlocks the appearance without the item taking inventory space and that it unlocks for your whole account.

12. SWTOR’s Legacy system. I’m a bit of an altoholic, I like playing different Race+Class combinations. Having the ability to unlock minor convenience options for my alts would be nice. Things like account-wide Banks, faster cooldowns on warping back to town, etc.

13. WOW’s Collection tab. This relates to Transmog, but I like being able to get a mount or pet or item appearance and having it unlocked account-wide.

1 Like

Graphics type

WoW Shadowlands

Zones

• Sun and Moon Desert with Sun and Moon Palaces(based on Kakkara Desert and it’s Fire and Moon Palaces which were intended to represent the Sun and Moon Palaces of Chrono Trigger before the SNES CD Add-On was canceled forcing Square to discard the old maps and reuse them in Secret of Mana)
  • Lampbloom Woods
  • Crystal Desert
  • Maguuma Jungle
  • Fiery Gorge(SNES version with Fire instead of Lava)
  • Frostbite Fields
  • Ice Country(the Crystalline Forest specifically)
  • Domain of Pain
  • Depths of Madness
  • Maldraxxus
  • Ardenweald(with the Wildseeds replaced with similar looking juicy fruit)
  • The Wandering Isle
  • The Jade Forest
  • The Jade Sea
  • Echovald Forest
  • Kaineng City
  • Shing Jea Island

Degas has summed up most of what I like to have. In addition:

• Black Desert Online’s, Blade and Soul’s, or APB Reloaded’s character creation depth. You have some players that don’t know MMOs outside of WoW, so they may not know how deep character creation can go. Like in BDO and BnS, you have anatomical adjustments, 50+ hairstyles PER RACE, color palette/wheel/bar with tons of colors to choose from for hair and eyes. Not only you can change the eye color but you can also change the iris and pupil type. Want elliptical, inverted eyes, or heterochromia that isn’t locked to one eye type - here you go! In BDO, you can have gradient tones of multiple hair colors - like having black hair with red dyed at the ends. APB Reloaded has custom tattoo creation.

• Dyeable armor. More options for mogging, plus, alchemy professions can expand beyond making stuff for dungeons/raids. They can make bank crafting dyes for moggers.

• Tera’s combat system…or at the least have an option to choose between tab-target and this one. When people think about the action-combat system, most only think about button-mashing to end-game. Tera’s version is regarded as having the best version of action-combat; you can chain your class abilities in a combo however you like. No combo points/finishers and procs to worry about.

• Tera’s or BnS’s armor/clothing styles. All the nice stuff isn’t just restricted to random drops and dungeon/raid gear - even quest reward armor pass for nice mogs. These two games have the most revealing ones I’ve seen so far - for men and women alike.

• ArcheAge’s bounty hunter and court/crime system. I’ve never participated first-hand but I’ve read about it. It would be a nice addition to PvP if done correctly.

• Naval PvP - something along the lines of AC: Black Flag, Sea of Thieves, Skull & Bones, or anything similar.

How can we call a game an MMORPG without the RP:

• Relationship systems - include abilities and features exclusive to the couple - buffs, heals, health/mana regen, mounts, destinations
  • More animated emotes
  • Other QoL features that no longer has you relying on mods, like a place to put your character info
1 Like

Ugh… I need levels, any RPG without levels is a non-starter for me.

but we spend all you time at levelcap. level for 12 hours every 2 years. in a sense…are there levels at all?