Your game is dying

Restrictions limiting players with characters on PvE servers to transfer to PvP servers must be lifted and will only results in a win-win-win for the player, community and Blizzard. These changes should be made no later than next Tuesday with the launch of phase 2. Read more about it here:

Nethaera : What is dual speccing?
Ghostcrawler : Dual speccing is the ability to save two separate talent specs, glyphs, and action bars.

Nethaera : Why are we allowing players to dual spec after all this time?
Ghostcrawler : We really felt like this was a great way to increase the flexibility available to players and encourage them to take part in more aspects of the game. To use just one example, some players like to participate in both raids and Arenas, which is awesome behavior that we want to promote. But, there are some talents which are more useful in one part of the game than another. Currently, players have to pay respec costs and go through the process of setting up the desired talent spec and action bars whenever they switch.

The new system makes this a much more logical process, saving on time and cost and allowing players to easily move from one aspect of the game to another.

1 Like

Things that “only allow players to play the game easier” are what destroyed the game in the first place.

1 Like

Yes, making access to game content really make a great game!

I agree, PvE to PvP server restrictions are stupid and outdated.

Extremely. Please help bump this to get their attention:

The main reason for them was to stop people rolling on over servers for quick progression and then transfering to PvP servers in bis gear and wiping the floor with everyone. The fear is that this eventually becomes a meta and that everyone ends up leveling on over servers to avoid getting ganged and transfering to PvP servers once max level. The obvious effect being that no-one ends up leveling on PvP servers.

This isn’t an issue on retail because of phasing and having a mega server.

Hear me out here Vegeta.

No lol

PvP BIS gear is majority arena gear + the epic honor, which being on a PvE server and transferring to a PvP server gives absolutely no “meta” advantage over people who farm that honor and arena points on a PvP server. As for the raid weapons, there again is no major advantage to being on a PvE sever and raiding vs. being on a PvP server and raiding. In fact, I’d say it’s quite the opposite granted the majority of hardcore raiding guilds are in PvP servers. Thus this reason is completely invalid for TBC. As for Vanilla, where there is no resilience and the best gear does come from raids, once again, there is no major advantage either because there is no PvP inside a raid. The raid bosses have the same chance of dropping the same loot. As far as leveling, people level very differently this run around than they did back in the mid 2000s. Most people just spam run instances or buy carries from mages. Majority of people who transfer out of a PvP server did it because they didn’t like it. It would never be able to become a meta because there’s nothing meta about it when you look at what actually makes sense for the game. That’s why this restriction is useless and only keeps people from playing with their friends.

To be fair - Vegetå, I wasn’t claiming that I agree with the argument (though I can see why it came across that way) just that this is the argument.

My own view is that with TBC classic we should bight the bullet and just go mega server on it. Fostering server communities is a good aim but that seems to be failing this time around. May be time to cut the losses. Still I’d rather Bliz wait and see how phase two effects the balance.

Dual spec is the reason I quit at wotlk.

1 Like

ToC was my last straw. After a whole bunch of changes that essentially devalued achievements such that anyone who had worked for stuff in the past just felt like there was no point striving. Especially after Ulduar which was genuinely rewarding and challenging. Then came the loot pinata raid and “free bis” daily grind.

Wouldn’t go that far that the “game is dying” because dual spec isn’t a thing. Them adding a boost, imo, destroyed the game.

You’re level 62, you don’t even play the game now, troll.

4 Likes

They would need to address the resource gathering if they did that, and they can’t even address it on the existing servers.

I agree. Mega servers are a terrible idea and one of the main issues I have with retail. Smaller servers with a community where working together and reputation matters is why I play WoW. It’s also why I stopped playing WoW in later xpacs. Mega servers and lack of community destroyed this game as an MMO.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t retail have died in original WOTLK when it was introduced? Weird, cause it was at its peak during that time because of gameplay and QOL features like dual spec. Maybe you should rethink your theory?

1 Like

And I agree again it certainly would help participation in other activities of the game that would help out the tank shortage and PVP.

1 Like

what’s even worse is

if you’re a black smith and swap between deep thunder and lionheart champion

I would be interested in your suggestion as well. I think this server pop issue desperately needs to be resolved.