Your favorite BG class and spec?

Thinking of getting back into WOTLK now that JJ is back for a bit. I am a very casual player and mostly do BGs.
Which class and spec are your favorite in terms of being the strongest and the most fun?
I’m thinking about rolling a BM hunter to chill and shoot people from afar but I recall that BGs had so many DK bots in the past… not sure if BM counters them?

1 Like

Yeah go hunter maybe not BM though go surv or mm. BGs might be crappy though if bots are still everywhere not sure though

1 Like

Arms warrior, resto shaman

1 Like

The BoT problem admittedly doesnt seem as bad as it was a few weeks/months ago.

The most fun class for BGs is Disc Priest IMO. The impact you can have is massive. Honorable mention: Holy Paladin.

2 Likes

Druid is always fun for BGs. All three specs can be impactful in their own way. Stealth is always welcome for sneaking to objectives. Feral has insane mobility, strong and regular instant CC with cyclones and hibernates and roots, can throw out instant Healing Touch and Regrowth for off-healing, great single-target burst. Resto can do solid multi-target healing, and while they’re kinda vulnerable to purges they have the advantage of having plenty of instant healing options available to get around kicks, they’re fantastic for flag carrying too. Boomy absolutely blows stuff up in teamfights if you position well, gets to have fun instagibbing people with Typhoon, and can also provide some strong off-heals.

Druid is the best overall BG class imo.

Want to carry run flags or solo objectives?
Play feral.

Want to carry team fights?
Play balance.

Want to avoid a team fight?
No problem. Every spec has stealth.

Want to heal?
Resto is more than viable and all specs can off heal.

Damn dude, sure seem like lots of work.

When they seperate the debuff for using LoH/BoP/Bubble and Wings

I think it was cata? Idk.

That kinda erks me in wrath but once Ret is fixed it’s the supreme bg spec imo

Mage (sick 1v1 or 1v2 engagements)
Rogue (especially AB/AV)

Ive been playing rogue and ele shaman, like em both for different styles of play but both are a lot of fun to me. Different tactical use on each.

On my rogue i have a lot of fun splitting off on my own, harassing nodes, and just looking for opportunities to ninja nodes when i think they might stop paying attention or dont have a more then a trinkit available and stay too close to the flag… in addition i try to be as disruptive as possible in team fights by trying to stay on top of their healers with kicks and micro cc’s like gouge, or outright kill them in stun locks, using things like disarm, blind, and shadow dance to impede multiple opponents at once etc. Im also using human which allows me to use my rogue in a particular way that makes it easier to counter other stealth users by predicting how they might move. The drawbacks on this class imo come down to the unforgiving nature of messing up due to the squishy nature of the class and things like vanish bugging out and just not working sometimes.

The ele shaman I play is on a very different approach then when i use the rogue… tho this class can definitely be successful on its own and make massive plays, especially when playing to the terrain strengths of the class, (taking an elemental shaman to areas where the knockback can be most effective e.g LM-arathi basin, tower defense AV, the entire map EOS etc.) I definitely feel the most massive impact in group scenarios where you can essentially get a lot of pump on targets in the midst of the battle chaos, or alternatively generate enough attention that the rest of your team, ideally, can capitalize on their freedom to cast while you remain elusive and with any kind of support, extremely survivable. You also have the ability to use blood lust and provide off healing where required which are both huge team fight shifting capabilities. If i had to talk drawbacks, id say it comes down to its own strength in a way… being most effective in a team fight setting can often make it seem like wherever you’re not is where you’re losing nodes… though this can still happen when playing a more solo approach to a bg, if you require the team around you to make an effective impact due to your opponents playing well enough, you can definitely feel less ability to impact the game then when playing something like the rogue. Just my thoughts.

Isle of Conquest on the rogue is great, imo

Hunter or boomkin. Both are ridiculously fun in BGs in their own ways. You won’t regret either one.

Warlock (Destro OR Affliction).

Affliction is great for teamplay and a good aff lock can turn the tide with the spread damage she does. Very tanky with a healer.

Destro on the other hand is big hits and big crits, nuke someone instantly. Both specs have lots of CC and control.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.