Your character's final words

The other thread got me thinking about this but you’re struck down when you least suspected it. What would your character say in those final moments? Would they curse their foes? Cry out the name of a loved one?

I already shared Versca’s in another thread, which would be bemoaning in an annoyed tone “Not again!

So what would your character say? Would they say anything at all and just go down silently or screech a few words defiantly before it was all over?

11 Likes

As much as I’d like it to be something cool or memorable, I think it would just be something like “NO!” There would be too much regret to voice, and too much left undone.

10 Likes

Minecraft “Oof”

24 Likes

“Sure, why not.”

9 Likes

“Yells in Draenei.”

3 Likes

Easy “It was… just a… prank, bro.”

4 Likes

“Wait. That’s illegal.”

14 Likes

I’m claiming “An entire performance of Frank Sinatra’s ‘My way’” before anyone else can.

14 Likes

“It is what it is.”

4 Likes

I have to agree there. I’m under the impression that Altielle won’t see what kills her when it comes, be it a demon breaking out of her control and snapping her spine or an Alliance arrow through the throat. So her final words will likely be a strangled yelp of pain.

If we include thoughts, though, I imagine it would be something like “I’m not ready!”.

2 Likes

“Was… I a… good boy?”

25 Likes

“And now comes the true mystery…”

4 Likes

“My life… for Aiu- I mean Argus…”

8 Likes

“ Why are they shooting from so far away? They couldn’t hit a full grown dragon at this di-“

12 Likes

Assuming it’s something relatively extraordinary (most people would just grunt, scream, or go “NO!” if killed suddenly)

Quinn: I see it… the Dream…

Bael: Bury me with my blade in hand…

2 Likes

I always imagined this character to die one of two ways:

Slain in a manner where she wouldn’t be able to speak.

Slain in a manner in which any attempt at speech would be incomprehensible, such as a slit throat.

On a slightly related note she recently had a brush with death, being rather close to a detonating bomb. In retrospect, during the moments before, I imagine her thinking…

“I should’ve gone home when I had the chance.”

2 Likes

Here is the start of Cail’s passing. He didn’t really have much to say other than to complain about a sharp pain behind his eye. An indication of him suffering an aneurysm. The rest of his posts after this one is about him passing while in the world he simply falls silent and… that’s all.

1 Like

“I wonder what this does?”

5 Likes

“It ends as it began…my life for Lordaeron.”

7 Likes

the :peach:… too fat… blurghhh

8 Likes